No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

They definitely are. I have a few different adjustable razors of sorts coming soon.
Yeah I think you and I had the same idea going into it. The progress is a really nice razor so I can understand that. I think my third razor was a Merkur futur, it was my first adjustable razor and probably up there with one of my worst razors. I believe I paid $125+ for it at the time. I should have gone with the progress. I love the Rockwell 6S (hate the coating, dislike the stand fitment) and have considered the 6c but it looks like my 6S has fallen out of favour for the Razorock Game Changer .84P but its a damn fine razor.

Nice choice on the Karve, they look like a sweet glide. The stand also looks very well thought out too with the plastic sleeve inside. Another good choice there too nav1. The price is very good too imo.

The Model-T is a neat little razor but the quality control just isn't there in comparison to the 6S if you ask me and not up to the standards that Rockwell put forward in the past. I cut them some slack because they aren't yet commercial production razors but its still a worry. There are so many happy customers already though so maybe ~Spyne~ and I are the unlucky few here.

The progress is indeed a fine razor. I have 1 standard and 2 long handle. I love the way they shave. The Parker variant is also very similar.

Funny...I went the other direction and sold my GC84 as it wasn't as comfortable as my other preferred razors and didn't give any extra efficiency for the loss of comfort.

The 6S is still my favorite followed by Karve, Rockwell 6C (less efficient than 6S due to weight difference I guess) then the merkur progress/variant.
Fine Marvel also gives excellent comfort: efficiency.

I have had the 6S since May 2016 and am starting to finally feel that I'm done with razors. Hopefully I'll love the model t and that'll be it for me...unless your reviews on the upcoming adjustables sways me :D

The progress is indeed a fine razor. I have 1 standard and 2 long handle. I love the way they shave. The Parker variant is also very similar.

Funny...I went the other direction and sold my GC84 as it wasn't as comfortable as my other preferred razors and didn't give any extra efficiency for the loss of comfort.

The 6S is still my favorite followed by Karve, Rockwell 6C (less efficient than 6S due to weight difference I guess) then the merkur progress/variant.

I have had the 6S since May 2016 and am starting to finally feel that I'm done with razors. Hopefully I'll love the model t and that'll be it for me...unless your reviews on the upcoming adjustables sways me :D
What about the Rocnel Sailor, does that interest you? If I had spare cash I’d be interested to give it a go.

Merkur make a fine razor (apart from the futur. lol), I just wish they would begin making their razors in more durable materials such as stainless steel.
Wow you really love your progress razors, I was actually going to ask which model you have the short or the long so that answers that question lol. Yeah I have heard the variant is quite similar although I do worry about about build qualities but that comes with a lot of razors particularly adjustables.

Haha, interesting. I can honestly say that I didn't have the best shave last time but I chalk that up to a few things. me being cocky and the derby USTA blades that were new to me however I had a phenomenal shave with a treet carbon Black beauty blade.
I am curious about the GC68p but its hard to find these days. I put my email down at italian barber but I just missed their last batch a few weeks ago.

The 6S is a mighty fine shaver. I actually used that exclusively while I was away, its an automatic shaver that you don't have to think to get a reasonably good shave on. That's a shame about the 6C as I do love the coating on it.
Yeah I remember seeing the marvel first drop and should have ordered one from their website when I ordered one of their bowls. Glad to hear its a good razor. I certainly love my comfortable shavers.

That's brilliant! I really admire your restraint. I got the Rockwell Model-T and all of the sudden I am ordering razors all over the place. I now have 5 new razors either in the mail or sitting there waiting for me to try.
I really hope so, I would have really enjoyed the Model-T had I not had so much trouble with the first one and also that blade issue on the other one because as I recall that shave was quite smooth for me each and every time which takes me back to my 6S days however I can't help but feel like the settings aren't similar to one another.
Haha, I'm small fries when it comes to the shaving world, there are several people here that have probably been there done that and had a more accurate opinion than me but I will be sure to toss in my opinion here and there.

It's so hard to judge a razor when you start pairing up different blades for different razors and getting completely different shaves with each variable but I will say this, the Rockwell 6S is a very versatile razor for me in my humble opinion.

What about the Rocnel Sailor, does that interest you? If I had spare cash I’d be interested to give it a go.

TBH I've never developed an interest in the rocnel razors but in any case, I think after the model t, I'll be done with on the fly adjustables.

I'm not one to change settings after I find what I like so the Rockwell and Karve suit me best.
I kept my progress razors as they are fantastic shavers.

I'm at a point where I can tell if I'll like a razor based on the head shape. The blade bend on the progress and Rockwell and the large guard bars on the Karve and marvel.

Razor heads like ATT, game Changer etc are not my preference as they are hold the blade fairly straight, not too much bend and the guard bars are very thin.

Merkur make a fine razor (apart from the futur. lol), I just wish they would begin making their razors in more durable materials such as stainless steel.
Wow you really love your progress razors, I was actually going to ask which model you have the short or the long so that answers that question lol. Yeah I have heard the variant is quite similar although I do worry about about build qualities but that comes with a lot of razors particularly adjustables.

Haha, interesting. I can honestly say that I didn't have the best shave last time but I chalk that up to a few things. me being cocky and the derby USTA blades that were new to me however I had a phenomenal shave with a treet carbon Black beauty blade.
I am curious about the GC68p but its hard to find these days. I put my email down at italian barber but I just missed their last batch a few weeks ago.

The 6S is a mighty fine shaver. I actually used that exclusively while I was away, its an automatic shaver that you don't have to think to get a reasonably good shave on. That's a shame about the 6C as I do love the coating on it.
Yeah I remember seeing the marvel first drop and should have ordered one from their website when I ordered one of their bowls. Glad to hear its a good razor. I certainly love my comfortable shavers.

That's brilliant! I really admire your restraint. I got the Rockwell Model-T and all of the sudden I am ordering razors all over the place. I now have 5 new razors either in the mail or sitting there waiting for me to try.
I really hope so, I would have really enjoyed the Model-T had I not had so much trouble with the first one and also that blade issue on the other one because as I recall that shave was quite smooth for me each and every time which takes me back to my 6S days however I can't help but feel like the settings aren't similar to one another.
Haha, I'm small fries when it comes to the shaving world, there are several people here that have probably been there done that and had a more accurate opinion than me but I will be sure to toss in my opinion here and there.

It's so hard to judge a razor when you start pairing up different blades for different razors and getting completely different shaves with each variable but I will say this, the Rockwell 6S is a very versatile razor for me in my humble opinion.

I went through the phase of trying so many razors and being disappointed (especially the 30+ vintage DE and 15+ SE razors I tried!).

I just wanted a razor that would give me a close shave with maximum comfort, which happened in 2012 with the progress.

I tried more razors but sold them, one after another another, as nothing matched the progress.

Then I saw the head shape of the Rockwell and had a feeling I'd like it...and I loved it!

Blades are not a variable for me as I settled on the Polsilver about 4 years ago and it's all I'll ever use :)

Ah damn it! If I had been a little bit faster I could have saved you the drama but I guess this its the outcome that matters in the end and I sincerely hope they send you a replacement razor. I'm curious did the little black outer box have a yellow sticker next to the barcode on yours because on my second one there was a little blue sticker instead. I guess it could signify batch runs or something.

Your Model-T sounds like my first one. My first one also had an issue of not opening up evenly on both sides, one door was just semi opened giving it an overall slanted and warped look.
I can't help but feel that if they had gone with their initial goal of brass then none of this would have been an issue.

Well, here's their reply finally...

Just an update on this - our team is making some minor adjustments to the head design that should eliminate any potential misalignment. Can we update you in a few weeks once the new design is in production? Ideally, I'd like to help get you a newer model from the upcoming batch if you're not able to resolve the problem on your own. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

The problem has been isolated and it appears to be due to a slightly thicker layer of chroming on one side of the thrust plate. It's very possible that with normal ware this should resolve itself and I'd recommend repeating the steps outlined in our last email a few more times to see if there's any resolution.

Grigori, Rockwell Razors

YAY!!
Got my model T gunmetal today!!
Also got hit with a $50 import duty so it better bloody shave well!!

Initial inspection is flawless! Even doors, smooth mechanism, no scratches or blemishes except I guess some dried machine oil on one door which wiped away easily.
This is one hell of a sexy razor!!

I also ordered spare parts for my 6S (handle and 5/6 plate) as I didn't have to pay any extra postage so that worked out well.

I'll use it for a while starting Monday and write up a review after that.

YAY!!
Got my model T gunmetal today!!
Also got hit with a $50 import duty so it better bloody shave well!!

Initial inspection is flawless! Even doors, smooth mechanism, no scratches or blemishes except I guess some dried machine oil on one door which wiped away easily.
This is one hell of a sexy razor!!

I also ordered spare parts for my 6S (handle and 5/6 plate) as I didn't have to pay any extra postage so that worked out well.

I'll use it for a while starting Monday and write up a review after that.
Ouch! $50 sounds harsh for import duty? Looking forward to photos and review.

Ouch! $50 sounds harsh for import duty? Looking forward to photos and review.

This country is corrupt as can be and the government is greedy as hell! They will tax every single thing they can!

To make it worse, once an item gets taxed, the carrier (DHL in this case) charges a "processing fee" of $15 for each parcel. So it was $35 duty + $15 DHL fee.

But I did save $20 shipping for the 6S handle and base plate :D

To add to the pain, I got stung with a $60 duty on my health supplements just two weeks ago!!

I would ask for a copy of the government import duty charge from DHL who are/were notorious for charging duty that mysteriously disappeared when they were asked to prove it.

Well mine arrived yesterday .. a good look at it and seems to be all OK .. no customs duty no taxes .. nothing .. just in the mailbox. Looks nice but the hoo hah about this has died down sooo much :)

A shave this morning with setting on 2 .. way too mild .. went to 3 .. OK but still not as close as I'd like .. we'll see where 4 or 5 take me!

Gunmetal does look good. Not as heavy as the Rex Ambassador. I'm a bit meh about it already

I would ask for a copy of the government import duty charge from DHL who are/were notorious for charging duty that mysteriously disappeared when they were asked to prove it.

Unfortunately, they provided me with a proper invoice including full breakdown of duties and fees :(

Are you in Australia?

Nope. I'm currently living in India.
The most corrupt country in the world!
I wouldn't be surprised if the "invoice" from DHL was a fake but then again, the government loves to tax literally everything!!
I mean...what else is going to fund the hundreds of millions of $$ going into politicians Swiss bank accounts?!?

Well I have to say the wait may have been worth it. Its got a smell to it .. which is weird .. but on a three and with me liking a less aggressive razor, this is really nice. Yes, under the nose is harder than say with a fatboy but I am getting very used to it :)

Well I have to say the wait may have been worth it. Its got a smell to it .. which is weird .. but on a three and with me liking a less aggressive razor, this is really nice. Yes, under the nose is harder than say with a fatboy but I am getting very used to it :)

Congrats!

The wait was worth it for me too.
I really like everything about the model T.
And the gunmetal is just wonderful!

My model T arrived yesterday. It was due for delivery in April 2019, so it is only 7 weeks late. Is this a world record for the shortest delay in delivery for a model T? Should I notify the boys at the Guinness BOWR?

I will use it in about half an hour. :nailbiting:

I broke mine..

It slid into the sink and trashed a door..
Wow, sorry to hear. What's next; fixable, another one or something else?

Seriously have heard only a few things positive about this razor. They do look awesome. Though mostly have heard negative things due to door breakage, door alignment, adjustment screw issues, finishing and shipping times.
Time to take it out the back and put a bullet through it. Progress and Variant or old Gillette slim may be a better option for others wishing to go down this path.

Before you shoot me, who has a 'very' positive experience here with the model - t? Would you go down this path again?

Wow, sorry to hear. What's next; fixable, another one or something else?

Seriously have heard only a few things positive about this razor. They do look awesome. Though mostly have heard negative things due to door breakage, door alignment, adjustment screw issues, finishing and shipping times.
Time to take it out the back and put a bullet through it. Progress and Variant or old Gillette slim may be a better option for others wishing to go down this path.

Before you shoot me, who has a 'very' positive experience here with the model - t? Would you go down this path again?

With the razor itself I do. It shaves nicely to me and is one of the few razors that doesn't scar me when I put a feather blade in it.

Unfortunately I think Rockwell have shot themselves in the foot with the (my view) debacle that was the Model T.

I was lucky and mine arrived in good nick and also seems a nice razor (albeit more than a year after ordering and being told it would arrive within the month). But the continual promises and broken promises, many under the guise of improving quality, when we have obviously seen some lapses in said quality, means that I will not consider purchasing anything Rockwell related again. Call it PTSD if you want - the whole purchasing experience has been so poor, that I will just turn tail and run if another model comes up.