No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

WOW - $US79 all gone - except the one I just gave up by switching to a $US175 to get two, one for me and one for my son.

Not everyday you get the chance to be part of a new adjustable series ...

EDIT: didn't last long - last ultra early bird gone while I typed the post above ...

Well it is a GO! -

Dear Rockwell Backers,

Great news - it looks like the Rockwell Model T is a GO! Thank you all so very, very much for funding the Rockwell Model T. Because of your incredible support, we hit our funding goal in under 6 hours!

We’re so glad to be back on Kickstarter - this community is amazing. It’s been only a few hours and we already have had some amazing feedback on additional material concepts, colors, and manufacturing! We have some exciting updates on these topics to share with you guys, but first, we wanted to pass along some saucy avatars for anyone interested in repping the Rockwell Model T on their Kickstarter display picture. If you guys like them, we’ll make some for Facebook and Twitter too. Let us know in the comments.

Now, for the updates in response to your feedback... We are always open to exploring any and all new materials and finishes for the Model T. We are currently consulting with our manufacturing partners to better understand our options because we’d rather be 100% certain on the costs for stretch goals or additional options before overpromising anything that could result in a delay.

That being said, we do have one upgrade we can already announce! After seeing the demand for the Rockwell Model T, and after speaking with the manufacturers we’re considering, we will be manufacturing the internals of the Rockwell Model T from coated brass, rather than zinc! You gave us your clear feedback, and we love it - that’s what Kickstarter is all about! We could only afford this through the popularity of this campaign. So thank you all so much for your support!

We’re working on more announcements, stretch goals, and add-ons, and we’ll be keeping you all posted over the coming weeks, as the campaign continues.

Thank you again!

Gareth & Morgan Co-Founders, Rockwell Razors

Good improvement highlighted above.

Will not bore people with future updates - but will be interesting to watch how this progresses.

Damn, wish you had offered it here first mate :(
Hope it evolves to rhodium coating.

Damn, wish you had offered it here first mate :(
Hope it evolves to rhodium coating.

Yeah, thought of that AFTER I'd changed - sorry :(

The Super Early Bird is only $US10 more at $US89 ...

So the "Standard" price for a Kickstarter backer is US$99. I'd assume that once production starts they would be selling them for an additional $20 more. So that would be about A$160 plus postage as extra.

It's interesting, as its always been thrown around what it would cost to make one of the coated brass vintage razors today. Here's one being made and it'll be about $160...

Well, that would be perfect, but considering we're still able to buy vintage plated razors in working condition I don't think it's a showstopper.

Yep - that was about my thinking too.

This seems to have far greater potential than other current production adjustables and could easily become a cult classic IMHO.

I was looking at these earlier on Facebook but wasn't sure. Other than being brand new what are the benefits over a Fatboy or Slim?

I was looking at these earlier on Facebook but wasn't sure. Other than being brand new what are the benefits over a Fatboy or Slim?

IF I'm not mistaken they've stop making the original Fatboy or Slim, and I'm glad to see Gareth & Morgan from Rockwell Razor are making them to bring back the old style razor from the dead something a little different from the original design.

This was my thinking too. Since you can pick up a great Slim for about $50.
Very tempted though. I have an R6 coming though, and a New, so I don't think so.

... what are the benefits over a Fatboy or Slim?

That sort of thinking is frowned upon here ;)

Seriously? Probably none - but don't let that stop you!

benefits over a Fatboy or Slim
That's kind of like asking why have a slim when you have a fatboy or superslim etc. Me, I haven't felt the urge to pick up a slim or superslim, as I'm happy with the fatboy, and have been tempted to get a progress though as it is a different design fundamentally. With this one, I have been really impressed by the 6S, the company (well Gareth anyway) and feel that they will deliver an outstanding razor. Not sure if it will shave better or worse than the Fatboy, but know it will be an experience and I'll be able to sell if I don't like.

RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder) does not care for simple logic such as "is it better than the one I have". No, it's simply the one you don't have.

Haha thanks for all the replys guys. I'm interested in trying an adjustable but guess I can't justify $120+ when a vintage can be had for half the price.

Plus the money I save could be put towards new soaps & aftershaves! Guess I'm more of a SAD person.

True, but a vintage adjustable, whilst in good condition (slim) for $60, isn't new. A Murker Progress, which is arguably the best modern adjustable (currently available) is $95 plus postage. In fact if it didn't have that half baked plastic knob, I'd own one! So, in that sense, the Model T is priced right.

... Guess I'm more of a SAD person.

Haven't you seen the TV commercial?

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

In fact - collect the whole set!

SAD
SBAD
RAD
BAD
CAD
AAD