Noob from Melbourne

Wilkshire13

The Torch Whisperer
G'day and happy Australia Day!

I've been perusing Paste & Cut for a few days now, having a chuckle whenever I see someone refer to Wilkinson Sword's as Wilkies, as my last name is Wilkie. If you can't tell I have a soft spot for Wilkinson Swords, for their history and "Wilk" bit.

That aside, been shaving since I was 15 (currently 27, you do the math), starting with some blue gel handled Wilkinson Sword cartridge razor (Twin Plus II carts I believe?), moving to Schick Hydro 5 for a few years before giving in to the lure of a beard trimmer and avoiding the clean-shaven look. At some point, I thought a shavette was a good idea (it wasn't) and I used that for a few months. I wasn't overly bad at it, but the scratches said otherwise.

Fast forward to the end of 2019, I convinced the missus to let me splurge at Beard & Blade, picked up the Wilkinson Sword Premium Collection Safety Razor Shaving Kit and started down the slippery slope of DE Safety Razors and I couldn't be happier.

Currently eyeing off some decent brushes, about to buy a sample pack of some razor blades, might get a brush/razor stand 3D printed if I can't find one I like and splurge on some shaving soaps.

I have a wide range of weird and wonderful hobbies ranging from cars/car detailing, flashlights (with an 'A' not an 'E'!), computer building, knife collecting; to name a few, so feel free to chat to me or hassle me for my previous proclivity for cartridge razors.

Welcome @Wilkshire13 !

Sounds like you will fit right in here - a few different bits and pieces of your interests overlap with others I know.

Some great bargains in the B/S/T if you are looking to pick up some software, clearly we are going to HAVE to get you some vintage Wilkies too ...

Welcome @Wilkshire13 !

Sounds like you will fit right in here - a few different bits and pieces of your interests overlap with others I know.

Some great bargains in the B/S/T if you are looking to pick up some software, clearly we are going to HAVE to get you some vintage Wilkies too ...

Cheers!
My background is English, so keen to see what the fuss is about and from what I have been reading of the vintage blades, I definitely want to try some at some point.

Welcome @Wilkshire13
I’m sure we can all be more than happy to help you out!!!

Just say the word...
Cheers @tim33z

Appreciate the welcomes guys!

I'm giving up on replying to all the welcomes, I know I can multi-quote, but there will inevitably be more welcomes to reply to. So, to those of you that I haven't thanked yet (I know I missed a few) cheers!

Side note: I'm already eyeing off some vintage Super Sword Edges. Lets see how I go...

Side note: I'm already eyeing off some vintage Super Sword Edges. Lets see how I go...

Impressive guys!

Only took a couple of days ...

Impressive guys!

Only took a couple of days ...

I like to buy things, but only certain things :)

Much to my fiancee's annoyance, I've amassed 20+ knives, 6 < $100 LED flashlights & well over $1000 worth of car cleaning products in 12 months and haven't started slowing down yet. Now it's DE Razor blades :ROFLMAO:

I like to buy things, but only certain things :)

Much to my fiancee's annoyance, I've amassed 20+ knives, 6 < $100 LED flashlights & well over $1000 worth of car cleaning products in 12 months and haven't started slowing down yet. Now it's DE Razor blades :ROFLMAO:
But is the car clean?? This is what we all want to know....