November 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a S in hybrid and am waiting on the L in hybrid for comparison...

I have no idea what you are talking about :D

Is this some elite European brush code or am I miles off ?

So it did better then expected . Was actually pleased with it and not bad for $20. Although my wife didn't understand why I needed another brush. I tried to explain that it was a boar hair brush and that I only have badger hair ones. This was futile.........
0a2aba70cef30f0066ce54f57b19a098.jpg

Just ask (in reply) why she needs so many shoes.

Love me some Rhapsody, it's such a bright, fresh evocative scent that sits on a beautifully executed spice accord. Reminds me I must order another bottle as a spare :)
To be honest the soap did not blow me away when I first sniffed it. After lathering with it and sniffing it more I fell in love with the scent and decided the matching splash was a must!
Don't let your stock levels get too low on this one @todras . ;)

A long anticipated arrival today and something that I have been very much looking forward to since I ordered it around 7 or 8 weeks ago. My Doug Korn custom arrived and it is even more impressive in the flesh than in the photos Doug sent me. It is a "Soldier" style handle black over amber with a 26mm Envy White knot. Only my second ever 26mm brush and I am very much looking forward to seeing how I get on with it. First impression based on a test palm lather is that I am really going to enjoy this brush. With another very exciting acquisition on it;s way this month I expect that some items will make their way to the BST in the very near future.

I must apologise as my pictures below are dreadful and do the brush absolutely no justice.

Pre test lather:
76DFJUn.jpg

fmdX9wS.jpg

E4Eopfh.jpg

Profile shot and knot from above post light towel dry (not yet properly bloomed out):
sXVOyqr.jpg

xVJ2aXg.jpg

Last edited:
A long anticipated arrival today and something that I have been very much looking forward to since I ordered it around 7 or 8 weeks ago. My Doug Korn custom arrived and it is even more impressive in the flesh than in the photos Doug sent me. It is a "Soldier" style handle black over amber with a 26mm Envy White knot. Only my second ever 26mm brush and I am very much looking forward to seeing how I get on with it. First impression based on a test palm lather is that I am really going to enjoy this brush. With another very exciting acquisition on it;s way this month I expect that some items will make their way to the BST in the very near future.

I must apologise as my pictures below are dreadful and do the brush absolutely no justice.

Pre test lather:
76DFJUn.jpg

fmdX9wS.jpg

E4Eopfh.jpg

Profile shot and knot from above post light towel dry (not yet properly bloomed out):
sXVOyqr.jpg

xVJ2aXg.jpg
Lovely looking brush and those Envy White knots are great. Outstanding work.

Beautiful brush @nsavage - glad you are happy with it (y)

IMO Doug turns some of the most beautiful handles...

Beautiful brush @nsavage - glad you are happy with it (y)

IMO Doug turns some of the most beautiful handles...

I would second this, beautiful design and excellent knot's he uses. The one I was so lucky to acquire from you has not dropped a single hair. A really fantastic piece.

Mail Call:- I received a Gillette New Long Comb 1930 from Nick at Sport Shaving and this razor has been completely replated in Rhodium, however I can't used this razor until Christmas because this is my gift for Christmas and I'm looking forward to shave this Gillette New Long Comb 1930 very soon and I'm very happy today that I've got just in time. :):D

Status
Not open for further replies.