November 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

58RW

Electric Blue Eau de Toilette Spray for Men

Pick this up this afternoon really nice

• A refreshing fragrance blending bright citrus notes with warm spices and sandalwood
zi7u1SC.jpg

Slack mods only just catching up on the change of date - sorry folks!

What shaving kit have you picked up this month?

Pictures very much encouraged!

I couldn't resist this since it was local.
Best offer accepted 10 am, paid 11 am, posted at 12 and arrived next morning at 8.20 am. That doesn't happen very often! Must be a special Streamline service.

FiD8Lhzl.jpg

I couldn't resist this since it was local.
Best offer accepted 10 am, paid 11 am, posted at 12 and arrived next morning at 8.20 am. That doesn't happen very often! Must be a special Streamline service.

FiD8Lhzl.jpg
Welcome to the club @Sticky I have the same Ever Ready Gen Razor in my den the Streamline SE made in England, you’ll love the extra weight and feel from the normal kinda light weight feel from other different Gem you’ve got in your den.

Welcome to the club @Sticky I have the same Ever Ready Gen Razor in my den the Streamline SE made in England, you’ll love the extra weight and feel from the normal kinda light weight feel from other different Gem you’ve got in your den.
Cheers mate. I remember seeing your set like this one. This one has the older MkI razor, with the larger cut outs in the base plate but no slots near the comb. I was surprised to see that but pleased as I have the MKII already. Which did yours come with?

Another shaving bowl arrived today, from the lovely Victoria at Little Wren Pottery. I asked her to go with her creative instincts and be daring - she has used a glaze layering technique to create a bowl with differing colours and textures. Kinda funky - I like it!

Yep, handle is aluminium. I actually gave all my Gem compatible blades away so I suppose I should buy some more and try it out...
You gave them all away! Do I remember correctly, you had an MMOC you didn't really get on with? Send me a PM some time and I'll post you a couple, would be a shame not to try it and a waste to buy blades you may not use.

ZwZvICrl.jpg

Result of a visit to The Stray Whisker today.
- Barrister's Reserve Fern
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Phoenix 'The Kiss' Soap and Aftershave made exclusively for The Stray Whisker
Always a pleasure chatting with Con & Kim.

Awesome haul @Pbgoose ! How do you find 'The Kiss'? The scent description on TSW is tempting me.

Awesome haul @Pbgoose ! How do you find 'The Kiss'? The scent description on TSW is tempting me.
I really liked the scent of "The Kiss". It was one of my first soaps. It's quite a sweet scent. Bordering on a mild candy (musk stick?), from memory.

I reluctantly piffed it (and a couple of others) as Crown King/PAA soaps are harsh on my skin and life is too short for imperfect shaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.