November 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

We’ve all heard this crap over a thousand times or more ‘No more new soaps till I finished’

Well I entered a self imposed sabbatical a few times in the past month 😃

Enough Mystic Waters Jeff's Lavender to keep me going for a long time. Plus Michelle kindly sent some very nice-smelling samples... :love:

She makes fantastic products, and is great to deal with. Can't recommend her enough... (y)
You could’ve just bought one tub and get two refill soap puck of Jeff’s Lavender, you don’t need three bloody tubs.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You could’ve just bought one tub and get two refill soap puck of Jeff’s Lavender, you don’t need three bloody tubs.
One for home, one for travel (eventually), one for our other property...

And anyway, who's the jackass, the guy with three tubs of a soap that he loves, or the guy with 140 soaps he'll never finish? Hmmm? :LOL:

I think I may have gotten the last of the horse hair brushes, but there are indeed some nice boar brushes. I might have grabbed one as well if I didn't already have one.
My Zenith Boar brush would be my favourite brush if it wasn't such a shedder. I have two different Zenith Boars and they both shed badly. I'm just waiting for someone to say they have a Zenith boar that doesn't shed so I'm game to try another.
Hopefully your Zenith Horse won't have that problem.
So you have a Zenith Boar that you don't have a problem with?!!

My Zenith Boar brush would be my favourite brush if it wasn't such a shedder. I have two different Zenith Boars and they both shed badly. I'm just waiting for someone to say they have a Zenith boar that doesn't shed so I'm game to try another.
There’s been a lot of issues with Zenith quality control have been going on for a while from time to time, I would advise you to check out many wet shaving forums feedback about Zenith before you reconsider buying again.

Not at the moment. But I do have a boar so I'm not grabbing another at the moment. I have my eye on 3 brushes, bog oak, huon pine and a ceramic and that should do it. I wanted to try a horse to see what knot I want in any of those 3 yet to be purchased brushes. The Zenith horse get good reviews, better than Vie-Long from those that have tried both.

From the man behind the lathe behind, behind the buffer, behind the camera, 3 x TF Customs brushes.

L to R
New Guinea Rosewood 30mm tuxedo knot
Chameleon Malle Burl Hybrid & Holographic 30mm Rhodium Silvertip
3 Band Gold & Black Majestic 28mm Rhodium Fan Silvertip

A big thank you to @Tony Forsyth for his time and efforts in producing these beautiful brushes. Thanks to @Srdjan for supplying TF customs the knots, and thanks @Razor Burn for getting me hooked on these brushes.:)

From the man behind the lathe behind, behind the buffer, behind the camera, 3 x TF Customs brushes.

L to R
New Guinea Rosewood 30mm tuxedo knot
Chameleon Malle Burl Hybrid & Holographic 30mm Rhodium Silvertip
3 Band Gold & Black Majestic 28mm Rhodium Fan Silvertip

A big thank you to @Tony Forsyth for his time and efforts in producing these beautiful brushes. Thanks to @Srdjan for supplying TF customs the knots, and thanks @Razor Burn for getting me hooked on these brushes.:)
Well done "T Man" on the awesome brushes! Happy Shaves (y)

Mail Call today - thanks AusFarce & Connaught Shaving

IMG-20201105-171309.jpg

Super packaging and excited to receive some Israeli Crystal's as they're in my top 10 blades! Yet to try the Super Shave X brand so will give them a try eventually. I made sure to give everything a proper wipe down prior to opening the packaging.

IMG-20201105-171542.jpg

First impressions are very promising as the birch bark compliments the SS finish perfectly and I rate the look up there with some of the best razors I have seen. Muhle have managed to produce one super sexy razor!!! :love:

IMG-20201105-171524.jpg

Its really hard to describe the feel as its unlike any other razor I've held and the texture almost feels paper like. Interested to see how it holds up when wet as it feels slightly slippery but grippy at the same time!? Luckily I have some Tru-Oil to keep it looking sexy! :) Sadly I don't have the R94 on hand to complete the comparisons but to my naked eye the R95 base plate bar appears slightly narrower and the bottom finish is shiny but that might change after some regular usage? Very happy to finally have this beauty in my collection and can't wait to take it for a test over the weekend. :p

Thanks @Razor Burn I was tossing up between the dark handsome black handle and birch but seeing them side by side the birch is definitely sexier.

Are they both V4?
The R95 is a really sexy razor and even caught the misses eye :unsure:

A quick check shows my R95 & R96 as CNC V4 heads and from memory my now old mans R94 is also a CNC V4 head.
All purchased this year from reputable sellers but from closer inspection it appears the safety bar is ever so thinner in the R95 compared to R96 from side on!?
Even had the misses check and everything looks identical but she can also see a tiny difference.
I'm not expecting any difference in shaves as @StratMan can attest to and judging by todays regrowth its holding up 12+ hrs later but not as close as the Wizamet.
As @Mark1966 has mentioned once or twice you really need to get yourself the R96... ;)

IMG-20201105-171524.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.