SYD NSW Festivus meetup thread - Saturday 15 December

Any watch modders in this meet-up? Need to talk shop about swapping hands out on a microbrand. Feel free to bring a mod along.

@borked need a hit of menthol. You still doing baggies and need a trade?

Also I missed out on the last scent releases so anyone got them for a sniff or two?

Any watch modders in this meet-up? Need to talk shop about swapping hands out on a microbrand. Feel free to bring a mod along.

@borked need a hit of menthol. You still doing baggies and need a trade?

Also I missed out on the last scent releases so anyone got them for a sniff or two?
@Monsta_AU is coming and if you ask nicely, should be able to bring his tools :)
I've got you covered fam (unless I forget, yet I shouldn't as I've had a bag ready for you for a while).

@Monsta_AU is coming and if you ask nicely, should be able to bring his tools :)
I've got you covered fam (unless I forget, yet I shouldn't as I've had a bag ready for you for a while).

No need for tools just want to talk watch modding as keen and know nothing at this stage.

@borked bring it on mate. Let me know on the side if I can help you out with something? And no I don't have any polsilvers! :giggle:

I am happy to swap bands/straps but I don't have the tools for modding. I haven't been game to crack one open yet but resizing rather difficult bracelets is no issue. Breaking the seal is a whole other business.

Guess you have missed Lavioletta/Florian, and the latest Bombora/Passione. I am definitely bringing the Festivus and samples of Fresca Intensa.

Could be talking out of my arse here, yet my understanding is the entire movement and dial will require removing to change the hands.
Depending upon the watch, it might be more economical to buy a new one or go down the full service path.
There are a few here that probably able to afford you recommendations as to whom to hit up.

Could be talking out of my arse here, yet my understanding is the entire movement and dial will require removing to change the hands.
Depending upon the watch, it might be more economical to buy a new one or go down the full service path.
There are a few here that probably able to afford you recommendations as to whom to hit up.
I'm blaming @Monsta_AU for putting me onto Jodie at just one more watch.

It's really a simple process, NH35A movement, crack back, release crown, tap out movement, put crown back in, dial it up. Reverse procedure.
You have to do it yourself as a watch maker will charge you the cost of the watch to do it.
Couple of pitfalls hence my original query.
Just not sure if my alcoholic hand is steady enough :bored:
If not keen to break the mould then buy another watch. Talk for another day.

See you this Saturday boys!

I'm blaming @Monsta_AU for putting me onto Jodie at just one more watch.
Jody has videos on how to do it, it is a fairly straight-forward process. The bigger concern is the equipment you need - caseback opener, holder, movement holder, dial protector, hand puller, air blower and that's just the basics. Mostly one-time cost but still will push the cost up significantly.

If you want to practice, get some $5-$10 watches from Ali and have a play.

I will be there a bit earlier, depending on traffic. Doing some stuff at home and will push off just after midday.

@todras You'll be missed today.
Merry Christmas and big thank you for a great year and your support to the community.
Looking forward to what 2019 will bring.
Enjoy your break and rest! :cool:(y)

@todras You'll be missed today.
Merry Christmas and big thank you for a great year and your support to the community.
Looking forward to what 2019 will bring.
Enjoy your break and rest! :cool:(y)

Bouncing out wholesale orders before the shutdown :)

Thanks everyone, today was great.

In my haste to leave I accidentally put a soap in my bag when I left. It was 'A cold day in Hell'. My appologies to the rightful owner. Pm an adress so I can mail it to you.