October 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General has landed! :)

I've got 2 days growth waiting to test it out on tonight. It is a heavy beast isn't it @SpeedyPC , I'll just stick with the Proline blade I reckon.
giphy.gif

Bloody Ripper @Benjamin and don't be afraid to try some Feather Pro & Feather Pro Super and also Kai Captain Titan Mild with your SS General as well.

Just be careful going WTG at the jaw line going under the chin this bad boy is heavy chances are this could bite you as YMMV ;)

Looking forward to your feedback on the SS General after your shave (y)

Last edited:
Still no General for me :(

The tracking doesn't help much either... scan history stamps.com has only one event and says:

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Auspost and 17track got nothing either :(

Still no General for me :(

The tracking doesn't help much either... scan history stamps.com has only one event and says:

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

Auspost and 17track got nothing either :(
@Scotty I had the same message a few months ago when I purchased my Blackbird from the US. The package never arrived and Aust Post says the message means the vendor never sent the package. They said there was nothing further they could do. I contacted Shane at Blackland Razors and he said the razor had been sent but kindly sent another one which arrived within 2 weeks.
For what its worth Aus Post said parcels from US should arrive within 2 weeks !!

does it use proprietary french blades (hard to find now) ? wedge ?
It takes a wedge, the one with it supposed to be honed. Luckily it will also fit a modern Gem blade. I will give a run with the wedge tomorrow, maybe I'll have to swap to a Gem.

@Scotty I had the same message a few months ago when I purchased my Blackbird from the US. The package never arrived and Aust Post says the message means the vendor never sent the package. They said there was nothing further they could do. I contacted Shane at Blackland Razors and he said the razor had been sent but kindly sent another one which arrived within 2 weeks.
For what its worth Aus Post said parcels from US should arrive within 2 weeks !!

Thanks @Snooze, I sent Colonial an email as a heads up and they suggested I get in touch with the PO.... I'm glad it wasn't a limited run and there will be more coming soon so easy to get a replacement - it also means more time for my blades to arrive from Japan, if it showed up right now I wouldn't be able to use it anyway :)

Feeling a little proud based on some [very] reflected glory here today after my new arrival -

Aussie!, Aussie!, Aussie!

Feeling a little proud based on some [very] reflected glory here today after my new arrival -

Aussie!, Aussie!, Aussie!

I meant to say too that the vacuum seal on the splash bottle was a REALLY nice touch too (y)(y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.