October 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail called:- 3 package arrived today

1. From the Stray Whisker, WOW!! that was a quick delivery.
5-B357-D29-8950-4-B72-AA53-60271-AA47-E43.jpg

2. Zenith B27 boar 28/55mm
BEE57-D4-D-95-C5-403-E-8-F8-F-37-BAA310434-D.jpg

3. 250 MOAR!! vintage Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler), I’ve got a grand total of 1060 spoiler blades in my den and I blame @Mark1966 for getting me completely hooked on the spoilers
4-DBAB7-D7-A721-4-BBC-9315-9-C6-EB5324-B5-D.jpg

Nice haul there @SpeedyPC....😁😁

@Rabid Badger in a blind test do any blades suite your skin/style better than others? I have a few razors and marvel at the differences between the blades, rarely to do with sharpness and more to do with grind for me.

By the way RAD is incurable so best dealt with by embracing it and moving forward - to the next "pretty thing"

Steve

@Rabid Badger in a blind test do any blades suite your skin/style better than others? I have a few razors and marvel at the differences between the blades, rarely to do with sharpness and more to do with grind for me.

By the way RAD is incurable so best dealt with by embracing it and moving forward - to the next "pretty thing"

Steve
(y)(y)(y)

I d

Steve

I don't think that I yet have enough experience to really tell. Of my current set, my Hart Steel 1/4 hollow is my favourite. But saying that I haven't really had enough shaves with my new razors to differentiate. I guess that's the fun part. I've now got razors ranging from 5/8 to 8/8 with various grinds, so let the testing commence

mf19xDt.jpg

Simpson Polo 10 Manchurian

Ordered this brush 5 weeks ago and after 3 had gone by with no sign of it i sent them a email to see if they had a tracking number and was surprised when they replied with "I'm very sorry but it seems we have completely missed this order. It will be sent out today with this tracking number".
So they through in a free tub of shaving cream to smooth things over.

mf19xDt.jpg

Simpson Polo 10 Manchurian

Ordered this brush 5 weeks ago and after 3 had gone by with no sign of it i sent them a email to see if they had a tracking number and was surprised when they replied with "I'm very sorry but it seems we have completely missed this order. It will be sent out today with this tracking number".
So they through in a free tub of shaving cream to smooth things over.
Nice looking brush. Let us know how it goes. +specs?

I've received a very nice gift from a friend while I was at Wollongong at the Masonic Funeral yesterday for helping him out because we both suffer from depression, I'm very glad he finally got help through VVFCS because we both have a very similar issue.

A Parker 87R and it's looks very similar to a vintage Gillette Aristocrats style razor, very nice heavy solid feel in my hand, I'll give this baby a spin very soon.

IMG-0460.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.