October 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone who ordered their Squadron Soaps when it was released the other week receive their order ?

Took advantage of free ConUS shipping and Planet Express consolidated packaging to prepare for Xmas
- Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Soap and Aftershaves
- Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Soap and Aftershaves
- Declaration Grooming Trismegistus Soap and Aftershaves
- 4 x Straight Razors (Napoleon Solingen Boker Tom-Slide)
- Karve SB-D Plate Brass
- Noble Otter Northern Elixir Soap and Aftershave
- Mike’s Natural Barbershop
- Razorock Son of Zeus Soap and Aftershave
- Signature Shaving Co. Stainless Steel Handles X 4
All that's missing is a Rocca v4 set, blonde horn handled TI straight, Focus Slim Al, Rhodium brush, NO Rawr, and ......................

Took advantage of free ConUS shipping and Planet Express consolidated packaging to prepare for Xmas
- Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Soap and Aftershaves
- Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Soap and Aftershaves
- Declaration Grooming Trismegistus Soap and Aftershaves
- 4 x Straight Razors (Napoleon Solingen Boker Tom-Slide)
- Karve SB-D Plate Brass
- Noble Otter Northern Elixir Soap and Aftershave
- Mike’s Natural Barbershop
- Razorock Son of Zeus Soap and Aftershave
- Signature Shaving Co. Stainless Steel Handles X 4
All that's missing is a Rocca v4 set, blonde horn handled TI straight, Focus Slim Al, Rhodium brush, NO Rawr, and ......................
giphy.gif

Big soap order finally arrived! Never thought about using a consolidation service either, but may have to consider it considering how much this lot cost to ship. 4 week wait to Aus from Canada/US.

Anyway, I'm done for soaps in the near future.
Awesome collection of soaps, especially the Southern Witchcrafts+APR Grave Fruit! :eek:

OK I blame @StratMan but having made some room in the den, I couldn't resist adding one more razor to replace the one I just let go...

34_b345aace-950a-4441-ab63-4ead21be539c_590x.jpg

@Gifts&Care.com are currently having a 15% Off Anniversary discount but didn't want to wait so jumped onto B&B and had to grab it with Express postage so it should arrive well before the R96... :nailbiting:
That should end my need for Shaving Gear in 2020 and if the misses has her way 2021 and beyond. :banghead:

OK I blame @StratMan but having made some room in the den, I couldn't resist adding one more razor to replace the one I just let go...

34_b345aace-950a-4441-ab63-4ead21be539c_590x.jpg

@Gifts&Care.com are currently having a 15% Off Anniversary discount but didn't want to wait so jumped onto B&B and had to grab it with Express postage so it should arrive well before the R96... :nailbiting:
That should end my need for Shaving Gear in 2020 and if the misses has her way 2021 and beyond. :banghead:

congratulations mate, happy to ‘enlighten’ you 😃 it’s a beautiful razor to hold and u already know how nice it is to shave with.. should have it by Friday

Now let’s see who’s r95 comes in first 🥳

Mail Call Today

IMG-20201030-182246.jpg

Received today from the good folks at B&B who kindly threw in some travel sized toothpaste to boot. :love:

First impressions are that it feels lighter than the R94, shorter handle and less grippy but @StratMan would be able to confirm as the specs I've seen show them as the same...? :unsure:

I love the finish and can't wait to give it a good workout over the weekend with hopes of receiving the R95 next week... :nailbiting:

Mail Call Today

IMG-20201030-182246.jpg

Received today from the good folks at B&B who kindly threw in some travel sized toothpaste to boot. :love:

First impressions are that it feels lighter than the R94, shorter handle and less grippy but @StratMan would be able to confirm as the specs I've seen show them as the same...? :unsure:

I love the finish and can't wait to give it a good workout over the weekend with hopes of receiving the R95 next week... :nailbiting:

hey mate yeah it’s an awesome look and feel and little different to the norm.. I can confirm the weight is 10g less than the r94 but the handle is the exact same length..

But def looks shorter.. I measured them side by side and they are exact, it’s an optical illusion

hey mate yeah it’s an awesome look and feel and little different to the norm.. I can confirm the weight is 10g less than the r94 but the handle is the exact same length..

But def looks shorter.. I measured them side by side and they are exact, it’s an optical illusion
Cheers for the confirmation @StratMan as the weight difference is noticeable. On first glance it looks nice but I have a feeling I'd prefer the feel/balance from the R94 better... Main thing is it arrived and looking forward to the shaves! (y)

Cheers for the confirmation @StratMan as the weight difference is noticeable. On first glance it looks nice but I have a feeling I'd prefer the feel/balance from the R94 better... Main thing is it arrived and looking forward to the shaves! (y)

thats exactly what I thought which is why I ordered the r94, but after using them both I think I prefer the r96 cos of how it feels in the hand, it feels different to the r94 which has more of traditional feel too it.. But they are both excellent to use

the r95 should be similar weight to the r96.. wait till you use it for the first tinkle for me the best balance off efficiency and smoothness 👍

I believe that it is November.

Post stuff you have acquired here.

Status
Not open for further replies.