Official P&C 2018 Sabbatical (& Back to Basics) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @glenos has done it unofficially.
Apart from a sabbatical approved soap purchase this year I haven't bought anything in a long time, like 4 years.

I stopped posting and coming here as there wasn't anything of interest. If you aren't into collecting a mountain of product there isn't that much to see here.

Do I roll it over for a third year?
* 2 razors
* 2.5 brushes (one synth has a massive chunk knocked out of it, and my boar brush is, shall we say, thinning slightly.
* A few half pots of soap
* roughly 1k blades
* and some menthol aftershaves.

I was a little worried on the soap front, but I got gifted a tub of proraso green about 5 years ago, so even if I run out of everything else, I've still got a few years of soap left.

If you go a third I'd happily throw a spare tub your way. Probably a Yaqi brush in it to.
Offer is there.
Think of all the money you'll save and alternatively all the great stuff to be released in 2019 that'll you'll miss. :LOL:

... all the great stuff to be released in 2019 that'll you'll miss. :LOL:
See, that doesn't overly bother me.
I've already got a great stable of mentholated soaps and aftershaves, and I like the idea of getting through a few before I die, and not by wasting soap overloading it each shave.

I've also got a few soaps that just refuse to die that I would like to eventually finish. I keep going back to my La Toja stick, and Proraso green tub fairly frequently, but they just won't die!

See, that doesn't overly bother me.
I've already got a great stable of mentholated soaps and aftershaves, and I like the idea of getting through a few before I die, and not by wasting soap overloading it each shave.

I've also got a few soaps that just refuse to die that I would like to eventually finish. I keep going back to my La Toja stick, and Proraso green tub fairly frequently, but they just won't die!

Hey @eggbert, that ‘great stable of mentholated soaps and aftershaves’ is that other than Stirling ????

Hey @eggbert, that ‘great stable of mentholated soaps and aftershaves’ is that other than Stirling ????
I ran out of Stirling a while back. I do miss it though as it was a very intriguing flavour (Glacial obsidian) I had and I would like to try others in their series at some stage. 3 odd years ago when I asked, postage direct from Stirling cost a fortune though.
I last bought any soaps around 2.5 years ago, so am starting to run low, but still have
  • Chiseled face Cryogen,
  • ShavingYeti Yeti Snot,
  • Shaver Heaven ~ Extreme Arctic Mango,
  • Barrister & Mann ~ Arctique
Being on a no spend thing for the last couple of years means I'm not even aware of any new extreme mentholated soaps out there.

I ran out of Stirling a while back. I do miss it though as it was a very intriguing flavour (Glacial obsidian) I had and I would like to try others in their series at some stage. 3 odd years ago when I asked, postage direct from Stirling cost a fortune though.
I last bought any soaps around 2.5 years ago, so am starting to run low, but still have
  • Chiseled face Cryogen,
  • ShavingYeti Yeti Snot,
  • Shaver Heaven ~ Extreme Arctic Mango,
  • Barrister & Mann ~ Arctique
Being on a no spend thing for the last couple of years means I'm not even aware of any new extreme mentholated soaps out there.

Enough soap there for the 2019 sabbatical.

I already have enough supplies to last many many years (as I'm sure most of us do).

I recently had to convert my "soap and splash" drawer into one "soap" drawer and one "splash" drawer.
Truth be told, that doesn't even include the two "current items in use" shelves and the "not likely to be used" items under the sink.

... And don't get me started on the "razors I got for cheap off eBay but haven't cleaned yet".

Of course, the sabbatical is a test of self-control. And, frankly, life's stressful enough right now.
The last thing I need is more pressure when all I want is a shiny new razor or some pretty-smelling software.

I am looking at commercial storage racks that are 1.6AS4084 forklift compliant my situation is so dire.
Aaahaha!
Made all the more funny because I suspect it's not much of an exaggeration.

I’m going to be buying a feather Artist club on January first-100%

What about you?

I’m going to be buying a feather Artist club
DX or SS system and then straight or foldie?
Now that is out of the way what blades are you going to scrap your face with, pros, super pros, guarded, prolines or captain mild arse?
Need advice, happy to share.

DX or SS system and then straight or foldie?
Now that is out of the way what blades are you going to scrap your face with, pros, super pros, guarded, prolines or captain mild arse?
Need advice, happy to share.
In the new year I’m going to return back to the DX non-folding soon using the proline blade.

I’m going to be buying a feather Artist club on January first-100%

What about you?
Nothing, at the moment. Still have plenty of gear to keep me going but might keep my eye out for any low hanging fruit in the bst thread that previously @gthomas04 might have gone for, but I'm still in no rush to buy anything.

Nothing, at the moment. Still have plenty of gear to keep me going but might keep my eye out for any low hanging fruit in the bst thread that previously @gthomas04 might have gone for, but I'm still in no rush to buy anything.
Hate to tell you @eggbert but I think the days of low hanging fruit are over. My last score was in 2017 from @Nightguard and I think he was desperate. It seems these days everybody is selling the Crown Jewels as opposed to a Slim or Fatboy and all soaps contain rare salves and lotions that justify their price. Good Luck to them if they can get it but I am priced well out. All yours and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.