ON SALE! Cheap bottles of booze

What colour is the top of the lid ?
I believe older stock has a white top on the lid and current production has an uniform black lid.
I've one white top.

Black. I'm fairly sure.
Will have to go check the switched off (according to my wife) beer fridge in the store room.

Amazing how those fridges have a self activation mode ;)

Nick's is back on sale with their stocktake sale for this week only. Some of the larger savings:
  • 1999 Lagavaulin Distiller's Edition 700ml: $159.99 (-$40)
  • Highland Park 'Sigurd' 700ml: $199.99 (-$50)
  • Glenmorangie 'Tusail' Private Edition 700ml: $129.99 (-$20, hard to find!)
  • Glenfarclas Family Reserve £511.19s.0d 700ml: $169.99 (-$30, a great dram)
  • Singleton 18YO 700ml: $129.99 (-$35)
  • Macallan 'Ruby' NAS 700ml: $240 (-$25, and the highest rung of the NAS Macallan's)
  • 1997 G&M Macallan Speymalt 700ml: $199 (-$50, and Speymalt is of those bottles any serious drammer should have in the collection. Cheaper to bring back from the UK though.)

Couple of notable deals around:

Dans (ends 31st Feb):
  • Ballantines 12YO Blended - $40 member offer (usually $52)
  • JW Gold Blended - $62 member offer (usually $74)
Nicks/Vintage Direct:
  • Bruichladdich/Port Charlotte 10YO Second Special editions in stock. $125/bottle, first fill casks. These will be gone in the next 2 week (18K bottle worldwide of each).
  • Chopin vodka $49/bottle (usualy $69). Great value here, Luksusowa is in the low-mid $40 range, so this is an awesome deal on potato-derived vodka.
  • Courvoisier XO Cognac- $99 (usually $130). Not as good as my bottles of Camus XO, but very worthy of space on your bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be happy to split them with you.
Another option is 1st choice/Dans price match.
Would be nice to walk in and get over 30% off their pricing on the green ;)

Another option is 1st choice/Dans price match.
Would be nice to walk in and get over 30% off their pricing on the green ;)

Do they match nicks price? Or that fall under the website exclusion bits?

You can always try BUT

Terms and Conditions
  • Advertisements must be current and items identical.
  • Competitor must have stock available in quantity requested.
  • Competitors’ premises must be within 10km of our store.
  • Competitors’ conditions may apply. i.e. Payment type, location, freight, etc.
  • Excludes reproductions (e.g. photocopies, print outs etc.) of competitors’ vouchers.
  • Excludes trade buyers, online offers, online auction sites, duty free, liquidation or clearance sales.
  • We reserve the right to limit sales to retail quantities.
[Source: Dan Muphys]

In store LOWEST PRICE PROMISE terms and conditions
  • Items in question must be identical.
  • Competitor’s price must be available on the day, in the state of purchase and on items purchased in the same quantities.
  • Competitor must have item in stock.
  • Excludes online offers, trade quotations, liquidations and clearance sales.
  • We reserve the right to limit sales to reasonable retail quantities.
  • Competitor’s current price must be verified.
  • Competitor’s conditions may apply. Eg.: Delivery fees, methods of payment etc.
  • Competitor’s premises must be within 10km of the First Choice Liquor store in which you are purchasing.
[Source: First Choice]

Gee, no collusion there on the T&C ...

I had success the only time I tried.

You will not get it unless you are within 10km of Nicks store - so that's pretty much Templestowe in Melbourne & nearby.

I have had some people get it elsewhere, but if you can walk in and buy it then it will only be matched within 10kms. It's only if another CHAIN offers it like First Choice, then Dan's drops the price nationally.

Would be happy to split them with you.

Sorry, these ones are going into the collection for now.

Have it a shot. No good.

Probably doesn't count but just got 2 litres Jamisons Irish and 2 litres Laphroaig 10 year old for $255.00. I was happy. (confession - Duty Free at Sydney).

Probably doesn't count but just got 2 litres Jamisons Irish and 2 litres Laphroaig 10 year old for $255.00. I was happy. (confession - Duty Free at Sydney).
Sorry, the above should have been in the Feb acquisitions thread. Please feel free to move or delete as the mood takes you.

They let you out of the country?