ON SALE! Cheap bottles of booze

Dan Murphy's currently has a 2 for $60 sale on. This appears to be nationwide apart from Tassie and the NT.

• Black Douglas
  • Stolichnaya
  • Bundaberg Original
  • Jim Beam White
  • Tequila 125
  • Vickers Gin

Now you all know I love vodka, and at $30/bottle I will quite happily drink Stolichnaya even if it is distilled in bloody Latvia and only 38% now.

Can I brag about the 6 bottles of Chateau Reynella 16YO rare old tawny I bought a few weeks ago for $7 each?

If anyone spots some more of this feel free to let me know where.

Blantons Single Barrel is only $49.99 from Dan Murphy's.

If you're likely to drop $50 on a bourbon then not only are you a cheap bastard but you should be a happy one too because Blantons is a very good drop.

Yeah I'd probably go Blantons over Beam or any of the other entry level bourbons, but if I was about to spend $50 I'd go a bit higher and get Basil Haydons.

The best hooch Beam makes is Old Grandad but of course we don't get it here :( Basil is the OGD watered down and put in a fancy bottle.

I like Bakers the best out of the Beam we get here but it's too expensive for me to justify buying it anymore.

They are not allowed to put sugar in bourbon. Bourbon has much stricter laws about what goes into it than any other spirit I know of.

I didn't drink johnnie red, black douglas and 100 pipers and proclaim scotch to be an awful beverage, those just happen to be 3 awful blended scotches. I do find many scotch drinkers make this error with bourbon.

The selection and pricing of bourbon here is laughable, the selection and pricing for scotch is much more comparable with most places in the world.

eg Looking at binnys a Large US etailer/retailer. Lagavulin 16 $80USD. DrinksdirectUK - 60 pounds. Liquorland had these on special a few weeks back for $85.

Elmer t Lee bourbon - Binny's $30USD. My local liquor store $90. Couldn't find for sale in the UK and I'm not restarting my research. An alternate line Buffalo trace shows the UK as 20%+ cheaper than our pricing.

Dollar for dollar you are drinking at the same level with scotch. With bourbon you are a couple of shelves down.

They are not allowed to put sugar in bourbon. Bourbon has much stricter laws about what goes into it than any other spirit I know of.

What is Bourbon?

Bourbon is kinda like whiskey's "sweet spot." Why? Well, first, because corn is a sweet grain. The more corn, the sweeter the whiskey.

Taken directly from the Jim Beam website (although I recognise the irony in talking about JB in a conversation about good bourbon)

This is also why Blanton's original (brown label) is the best value in the Aus market at present.

It's a ~$55 bottle in the states and Dan's does it for $65 here. It's as close as you'll ever see.

I even spotted the brown for $60 on woollies online. I've got one coming next time the wife shops there.

Liqorland has a number of decent drops available nationally at 2 for $80: Jack, Johnnie Black, Ketel One vodka (good stuff) and Bombay Sapphire Gin. $43/btl in singles. Offer does not apply to NT where it is 2 for $82, $44 single.

Woolworths/BWS have 700ml Absolut for $38 in Sydney. That's a good buy at that money, just not at the usual $46.

http://tinypic.com/r/whnvyv/8

States that you can price match.
Dan's has it as cheap as $38.35 for what I can see, so deduct $10 and you're paying a little over $28 a bottle for something that is usually around $50 (Currently $52 @ BWS) a bottle, drinkable w/o mixing and will not raise the ire of @Monsta_AU .

Best bet, is to send it to your phone, either by email or bluetooth.
Worked for me when I took it into Dan's to pricematch.

I'm not the biggest bourbon Nazi but I bought a bottle last week at Dan's for $39.95.

Even $30 a bottle it's a Winner.

Just upload the picture in the link to your phone.
Is what I did from a discount/bargain site.

I'm confused, do JB own Makers Mark? If not, why is there name on the ad?

You know, I noticed that as well...
So did some research and found that they indeed are a part of the Beam International house, now owned by Suntory after purchasing them earlier this year.