OneBlade - 50% off. Worth it???

Rabid Badger

2018 Charity Auction Winner
Okay,

so I got an email with 50% off the OneBlade razors. Bringing the Genesis down to $199 US and the hybrid down to $99. I purchased the Core a while back, but found the plastic head to be really poor quality. When I loaded a blade it cut the plastic notches. A problem that presumably wouldn't happen with the stainless steel head. Now I know that @Errol loved the Genesis, but I can't find that many decent reviews on the Hybrid. Of course, I don't need a razor, but I wouldn't be here if that was an issue. To also add to the mix, everyone seems to say that the FHS-10 blades only last about 2-3 shaves. I usually get 5 - 6 shaves from an Astra, which cost about $0.16. The feather blades on the other hand cost about $1.20. So in that regards, it's a no brainer.

Your thoughts welcome ...

Okay,

so I got an email with 50% off the OneBlade razors. Bringing the Genesis down to $199 US and the hybrid down to $99. I purchased the Core a while back, but found the plastic head to be really poor quality. When I loaded a blade it cut the plastic notches. A problem that presumably wouldn't happen with the stainless steel head. Now I know that @Errol loved the Genesis, but I can't find that many decent reviews on the Hybrid. Of course, I don't need a razor, but I wouldn't be here if that was an issue. To also add to the mix, everyone seems to say that the FHS-10 blades only last about 2-3 shaves. I usually get 5 - 6 shaves from an Astra, which cost about $0.16. The feather blades on the other hand cost about $1.20. So in that regards, it's a no brainer.

Your thoughts welcome ...
No idea about the one blade itself but the FHS 10 blades only last 2 - 4 shaves for me in a Valet.

Personally I would say no, but it depends on what you are after. The OneBlade to me has always appeared to be a middle ground between cartridges and double edge blades.
The idea of going from multiple blade/brand choices to just one seems like a step back.

If you have the disposable cash and want something new to try out, then go for it.

Have decided to pass on this one. Interesting to think that they are charging $200 for a stainless steel handle. The heads on the Genesis and the Hybrid are supposedly the same. They both have a lifetime guarantee, but the Genesis has a serial number. Not worth it in my opinion.