Osage Rub? Anyone?

pyrokov

I've been meaning to get a frosty aftershave for a while, but there seems to be an unfortunate lack of it down here. However, I've recently phoned atlantic.supply after a mention of Osage Rub on their site and the person who answered said that they will be getting a shipment of Clubman within a month or so and could add some Osage Rub to the order if there's interest for it.
So... anyone interested?

The site is literally 'atlantic.supply', i think @alfredus mentioned it before. For now they simply want to know how many people are interested and he'll see if he can sneak some in before the shipment goes.

@pyrokov don't mind saving on post and we combine, since both in SW Syd ?
@eggbert yeah, why not ?
If it doesn't work out, it can be used in winter or passed onto a menth beginner :)

Oh it's only a winter menthol then? How would you rate it compared to alcolado glacial in the cooling stakes?

Oh it's only a winter menthol then? How would you rate it compared to alcolado glacial in the cooling stakes?
I actually haven't used it, just reasoning out if it is worth the risk.
At the price, even if it is weaker than desired, it should work out for winter or for a new member to Menth.
Is what I'm wagering upon.

Osage Rub does really cool your face (not a winter aftershave) but the scent is not very long lasting. In all honesty, when it's gone I'll probably not replace it.

I haven't really developed a standard for aftershaves, so I'm sure Osage Rub will do just fine for me. Maybe if there was an Aladdin splash with menthol *nudge nudge @Anthony *.

Sure thing mate, whereabouts do you live again?
Splashes are easy. Just get some menthol crystals and start adding them until it feels cold enough.
Soaps are not quite so easy.

Splashes are easy. Just get some menthol crystals and start adding them until it feels cold enough.
Soaps are not quite so easy.
Would there happen to be Aladdin scented splashes?
Also, I'd like to M-Bomb my Thayer's, is there anything similar to that liquefied stuff around Australia?

Would there happen to be Aladdin scented splashes?
Have you tried L'Occitane's Baux? Not sure if it's within ballpark... It's a dead ringer for Catie's Bubbles LPV if you know that... I think that's similar to Aladdin. And, come to think of it, Jabonman has an aftershave milk that's highly mentholated and has a similar scent profile to Aladdin.

Also, I'd like to M-Bomb my Thayer's, is there anything similar to that liquefied stuff around Australia?
Thayers can be bought via a few overseas websites and shipped here. But it's coming to The Stray Whisker... Perhaps available by the end of this month? @shavetheman

Have you tried L'Occitane's Baux? Not sure if it's within ballpark... It's a dead ringer for Catie's Bubbles LPV if you know that... I think that's similar to Aladdin. And, come to think of it, Jabonman has an aftershave milk that's highly mentholated and has a similar scent profile to Aladdin.
Thanks, I'll look into those, hopefully available somewhere with reasonable shipping
Thayers can be bought via a few overseas websites and shipped here. But it's coming to The Stray Whisker...
Sorry i guess i worded that wrong, I already own a bottle of Thayer's but since it's water based, it won't dissolve menthol crystals. There's a product called M-Bomb from TheShaveDen that's a sort of liquefied menthol which is supposed to mix well with creams, soaps and aftershaves.

Thanks, I'll look into those, hopefully available somewhere with reasonable shipping
Just pop into a L'Occitane store for a try of their Baux lineup. Not sure if they have an aftershave or just an EdC.

The Jabonman is a special order direct from Spain. Perfect for a group buy...

Sorry i guess i worded that wrong, I already own a bottle of Thayer's but since it's water based, it won't dissolve menthol crystals. There's a product called M-Bomb from TheShaveDen that's a sort of liquefied menthol which is supposed to mix well with creams, soaps and aftershaves.
Try 444 gel in a tube. It's similar again - gel-like menthol - which can be added to aftershaves, balms or even lathers. You can buy it from Gifts & Care as well as other places.

Dickinson's witch hazel is alcohol based, cheap as chips and available at your local chemist. Sure, it smells unpleasant, but you do get used to it and the smell dissipates in a few minutes. I use it regularly. Excellent performer.