Panic buying...validation..

Mods, I think @Ferret619 is out of toilet paper as well. He’s still got sh_t on his post. Somebody lend him a cat.🤪
Haha opps sorry for brining the class of the joint down with my unintentional profanity, @Mark1966 plz come out of the bunker to fix my f-ck up... oh no it happened again!

Mods, I think @Ferret619 is out of toilet paper as well. He’s still got sh_t on his post. Somebody lend him a cat.🤪
Haha opps sorry for brining the class of the joint down with my unintentional profanity, @Mark1966 plz come out of the bunker to fix my f-ck up... oh no it happened again!
giphy.gif

Cats don’t need toilet paper’s, because, they love @Ferret619 carpet to wipe their own kitty bare bum.

So I don’t think @Ferret619 is brave enough to used a cat as a loo roll, IF, he’s completely out of stock.

Last edited:
Haha don’t be coy, tell us how you really feel.
Seriously... I'm not getting very much iron and my fatigue is increasing according to my GP it cannot produce enough healthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells.

When hemoglobin is low in your body during iron deficiency, oxygen levels will also below. This means your muscles won’t get enough oxygen to do normal activities, such as walking.

If you don't get enough iron in your body it can cause many issues such as

1. Tiredness
2. Paleness
3. Shortness of Breath
4. Headaches and Dizziness
5. Heart Palpitations
6. Dry and Damaged Hair and Skin
7. Swelling and Soreness of the Tongue and Mouth
8. Restless Legs
9. Other Potential Signs
  • Feeling anxious: The lack of oxygen available to body tissues in iron deficiency may cause feelings of anxiety.
  • Cold hands and feet: Iron deficiency means less oxygen is being delivered to the hands and feet. Some people may feel the cold more easily in general or have cold hands and feet.
  • More frequent infections: Because iron is needed for a healthy immune system, lack of it may cause you to catch more illnesses than usual

Seriously... I'm not getting very much iron and my fatigue is increasing according to my GP it cannot produce enough healthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells.

When hemoglobin is low in your body during iron deficiency, oxygen levels will also below. This means your muscles won’t get enough oxygen to do normal activities, such as walking.

If you don't get enough iron in your body it can cause many issues such as

1. Tiredness
2. Paleness
3. Shortness of Breath
4. Headaches and Dizziness
5. Heart Palpitations
6. Dry and Damaged Hair and Skin
7. Swelling and Soreness of the Tongue and Mouth
8. Restless Legs
9. Other Potential Signs
  • Feeling anxious: The lack of oxygen available to body tissues in iron deficiency may cause feelings of anxiety.
  • Cold hands and feet: Iron deficiency means less oxygen is being delivered to the hands and feet. Some people may feel the cold more easily in general or have cold hands and feet.
  • More frequent infections: Because iron is needed for a healthy immune system, lack of it may cause you to catch more illnesses than usual
Besides me being mad at you for getting me in trouble with the mods for mentioning the V word (apparently this is THE hot button issue)

Anyway, I was a vegetarian for a few years in my youth while also competing in full contact martial arts and found that spinach goes a long way being almost gram for gram the same as red meat for iron but iron from animal sources is absorbed easier for what ever reason, I used to do a very spinach heavy omelet that did the trick.

Just to throw a spanner in the spinach works.
A few years ago I had a kidney stone. Very painful.
Was long haul truck driver and had dehydrated over a while which helped cause the problem.
Anyway, the Doctor warned me off spinach as it contains a good dose of oxalic acid which contributes to kidney stones.
So if your kidneys are fine, then spinach now and then is probably OK. Drink plenty of water though.
But for me, no more spinach.
A zucchini omelet would have me interested though.
A zucchini has only 1/3 the iron of spinach (weight for weight).

Just to throw a spanner in the spinach works.
A few years ago I had a kidney stone. Very painful.
Was long haul truck driver and had dehydrated over a while which helped cause the problem.
Anyway, the Doctor warned me off spinach as it contains a good dose of oxalic acid which contributes to kidney stones.
So if your kidneys are fine, then spinach now and then is probably OK. Drink plenty of water though.
But for me, no more spinach.
A zucchini omelet would have me interested though.
A zucchini has only 1/3 the iron of spinach (weight for weight).
Could have some super gross kale I guess yuk!

Could have some super gross kale I guess yuk!
I agree about the super gross Kale.
Had a meal at a mates place and his Missus was on a Kale health kick.
Kale was crisped until black in the oven then crushed and sprinkled over the meal.
I doubt any 'goodness' in the Kale survived the nuking.
Luckily she went off Kale shortly after.

I agree about the super gross Kale.
Had a meal at a mates place and his Missus was on a Kale health kick.
Kale was crisped until black in the oven then crushed and sprinkled over the meal.
I doubt any 'goodness' in the Kale survived the nuking.
Luckily she went off Kale shortly after.
As with most ingredients, there are bad cooks, but no bad ingredients ;)

Many green leaves are bitter and get more bitter the more mature they are. That's why you can eat baby spinach raw, but mature spinach (like Kale, beetroot leaves, etc) have to be blanched in boiling water for a couple of min

Discard the water and cool down in ice water, press out all excess water and then chop up and saute (olive oil, onion/shallot/leek/spring onion, spices) - super tasty food!

Last time I was at my wifes family in northern Germany I came across a dish called Gruen Kohl - which is cooked Kale with sausages - spectacular winter dish and of course the humble minestrone would be nothing without Tuscan/Curly Kale

Not a substitute for meat for me but great side dishes (y)