Paradigm Diamondback (Pre order)

Interesting, will wait for the reviews on this one for me. Second batch will be made and available through Paradigm later on.
Choice of design and materials is really different. Typical Paradigm design. Sightly stark and minimalist design which is eye catching and clean looking like a medical instrument. Blade tabs appear to be covered but again no tapered head to reduce blade to end gap. 303 is an odd, 304 is better & very common (think kitchen sink) and 316 is ideal. 303 is going to tea stain so remove the blade and clean after each use. My same concern on this is even mentioned in the sales description. Paradigm recommend to clean and remove the blade, think that is a big hint.
Original prototype was in aluminium. So lighter and this is 303 SS so way heavier. Does this mean more aggressive, usually upping the weight does, time will tell.

Interesting, will wait for the reviews on this one for me. Second batch will be made and available through Paradigm later on.
Choice of design and materials is really different. Typical Paradigm design. Sightly stark and minimalist design which is eye catching and clean looking like a medical instrument. Blade tabs appear to be covered but again no tapered head to reduce blade to end gap. 303 is an odd, 304 is better & very common (think kitchen sink) and 316 is ideal. 303 is going to tea stain so remove the blade and clean after each use. My same concern on this is even mentioned in the sales description. Paradigm recommend to clean and remove the blade, think that is a big hint.
Original prototype was in aluminium. So lighter and this is 303 SS so way heavier. Does this mean more aggressive, usually upping the weight does, time will tell.
It is not just 303 steel that is susceptible to tea stains. I have a razor, that is made out of 316 steel (which is supposed to be marine grade steel) that developed tea stains as well.

Like any blade left in a razor they will all corrode (environment dependent) and stain the material they are in contact with, even glass and plastic. Though some materials accelerate this process due to redox reactions. So sadly yes 316 steel is not immune either but 303 seems to encourage it more.
Sorry if my post gave you the impression that 316 would never tea stain.
It is not just 303 steel that is susceptible to tea stains. I have a razor, that is made out of 316 steel (which is supposed to be marine grade steel) that developed tea stains as well.

That’s nearly $370 AUD plus FREE shipping

giphy.gif

Like any blade left in a razor they will all corrode (environment dependent) and stain the material they are in contact with, even glass and plastic. Though some materials accelerate this process due to redox reactions. So sadly yes 316 steel is not immune either but 303 seems to encourage it more.
Sorry if my post gave you the impression that 316 would never tea stain.
I have never had any of my Mercur, Muhle (zamak?) razors developers tea stains. Go figure.