Parcel forwarding recommendations and alternatives

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I have only purchased alcohol based products once from USA (Maggards) and HopShopGo charged $90 AUD with HAZMAT repackaging and Shipping. I realise this is a necessary expense because of international laws and was happy to pay.
My problem is with the hidden cost of HAZMAT repackaging and unknown total cost until they have all your items ready to ship. I would like to know the total cost of my order delivered and if I can save a few $$ by adjusting weight etc before ordering.
I read a very simple cost saving and obvious (after the fact 20/20 hindsight etc) suggestion from @todras to ship soaps and hardware directly from the retailer and only the items containing alcohol through parcel forwarding agency.
- Does anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't include family, friends, 3 x countries and 6 months delay? Like to hear what others use.
- Anyone tried Big Apple Buddy or a shopping concierge service? https://www.bigapplebuddy.com/blog/escape-from-parcel-forwarding-finding-a-hop-shop-go-alternative/
Apologies if cross posting but I could not find any previous thread despite searching for 1/2 Hr

You want a shipper who will do Class Y Consumer (Fedex/DHL) and who does not have perfumes/aftershave on their prohibited items list. If they do not have this option or have these items on their prohibited list, do not give them your money.

Thanks @todras and pardon my ignorance. How do I get it from say Maggards to DHL? Is it full door to door service? Parcel collect from the seller and not using free shipping to US Post Box etc:

I used DHL online Calculator and 3 kg from Maggards to Darwin $268 - HopShopGo was cheaper
Anybody else got cheaper suggestions? I'd like to organise a Darwin group buy and keep shipping costs as low as possible

Good luck, Holiday. AFAIK, DHL will not carry ethanol based perfume, aftershaves or edt's. To even consider doing so they will need to see the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) from the manufacturer/supplier. The DHL website specifically names perfume as an item that DHL will not carry. If they agree to do so in your case, please post your experience. Hopshopgo lists dangerous goods as unacceptable in paragraph 8 of their Terms of Use.