Parker Variant Adjustable Pass Around

First shave is here. I will try it again today then pass it on to @TomG over the weekend.
Interesting that you feel it is mild.Have you tried taking the adjustment past the 5 setting? Take it around to 1 again would be a "6",then onward to "10".Plenty do that to increase the aggressiveness.After the "10" is getting close to where the head disassembles.

Interesting that you feel it is mild.Have you tried taking the adjustment past the 5 setting? Take it around to 1 again would be a "6",then onward to "10".Plenty do that to increase the aggressiveness.After the "10" is getting close to where the head disassembles.

Just tried in on "7" with a Feather blade and I'm certainly revising my thoughts...

Last edited:

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Razor: Parker Variant (3)
Blade: NOS Polsilver (1)
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

First shave with the Parker Variant. First impressions of the razor are positive - it looks and feels solid and well made. It has a decent heft, but was well balanced in my hand when shaving.
I set the razor to 3, and off I went. First pass WTG was very nice; the razor felt good in the hand, and the pass was smooth and comfortable. In the subsequent passes XTG and ATG, I experienced some resistance/tugging in my troublesome "iron bristle" areas. This may be due to the blade settling in - I've experienced this with the NOS Polsilvers before.
Despite its size, I found the razor quite maneuverable. I get what others have posted regarding the size of the head and the area below the nose. However, with a bit of stretching and altering the angle of attack, it worked out just fine for me.
Three passes for a DFS+.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Dr Dittmar Spezial
Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: NOS Polsilver (3)
Scent: Caron Yatagan

Third and final shave with the Parker before it wings its way to the next User. I used a range of settings in this shave, running the first two passes (WTG, XTG) on setting 4, then the final pass ATG on setting 2. I then went in for a full clean-up/buff on the same setting. The result was BBS.

I enjoyed this razor - I think it is a good honest product. Final thoughts as follows:

Pro's
Good build quality and appearance
Despite being tall and relatively hefty, has good balance in the hand
Head design allows easy rinsing

Con's
Feedback was not as tactile as others
Large Head can cause some issues under nose

Many thanks again to @Mark1966 for organising this generous pass-around. (y)

Very very similar shave between those two. I find taking my time and the blade make much more difference to me at this stage

Very very similar shave between those two. I find taking my time and the blade make much more difference to me at this stage

OK, with @Ferret619 otherwise occupied I think that @lerenau is next on the list when you are finished mate - unless others in Sydney want to give this a run?

Yes indeed, I have had a representative of house ferret pick it up from my parcel locker today :)
I could really do with a shave TBH

All good, Mate. You will need a couple of moments to your self over the next few weeks... You might as well do something you enjoy.
I'll still be here when you're done. No pressure.

Umm, sorry. It’s in the way to him already. We posted it on the weekend.

No worries mate - I wasn’t aware you had been so proactive in pushing this baby along:)

No worries mate - I wasn’t aware you had been so proactive in pushing this baby along:)
Well them were the rules. I really appreciate the opportunity thou. So thank you :)

Well my wife, Baby Felix and I have just got home.
It’s been several days since I had time for a shave-
Loaded a new feather in the Parker , got out the B&M 42 and had a long shower and shave.
Initial impressions are that I like this razor a lot- looking forward to the next shave.

After a few hours of sleep I have concluded that I want one of these