Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 5

Also I used one of the Dorco Prime blades. These were great despite the bad lather. Used it in the Karve with a C plate. I think I'll have to look at getting some of these. Definitely up there with Kai, Perma Sharps and Polsilvers (my 3 go tops).
I love Kais, PermaSharps, and Polsilvers. Are Dorco Primes really that good? I always assumed Dorcos to be cheap/nasty. But, I've never tried them so what do I know?
Anyone else tried them?

I love Kais, PermaSharps, and Polsilvers. Are Dorco Primes really that good? I always assumed Dorcos to be cheap/nasty. But, I've never tried them so what do I know?
Anyone else tried them?

Remind me to bring one along to the next meet up. I think that there is a thread here on them too.

Anyone else tried them?

After today's shave I'm going to take the Dorco out and use it later on with a known soap I can load from a tub. I'll get a better feel for it then I think.

Thismorning I gave the Wickham 1912 Russian Leather a run.

Man this was great! Lathered like a dream, which I thought I might struggle with because it is such a hard Soap and using a sample. Good slickness and cushion, lacking that moisturising post shave of some soaps though.

And the scent was damn amazing. Really nice leather scent

So rummaging through my stash, I found a pack of normal Dorcos that someone must have given me at a meetup. I'll make sure I try them before the meetup.
I also found a pack of Rubies that I somehow forgot I had. Worth a try too.
My apologies to whoever gave them to me in the first place... I have a memory like a sieve these days.

Gave APR Fenchurh Soap and Splash a run thismorning. Wow on the sent. Yes it's leather and tobacco but there is so much more there. I can't pick out any single scent. I'll have to get a tub of this come colder weather

The soap was almost cream like. I struggled to get a good lather off the small sample I scooped out, but it come out good enough.

Anyone else tried them?
I've got the Dorco ST-301 and the Primes and very happy with them given the price. You can pick them up on eBay for $13.45 delivered. I don't know that I'd rate them equal to the Polsilvers and Kai, but for the money they are surprisingly smooth and efficient. Longevity is low. Expect only 2-3 shaves/blade but again for the money, I'm not concerned. I'll post some Primes to you if you like.

I've got the Dorco ST-301 and the Primes and very happy with them given the price. You can pick them up on eBay for $13.45 delivered. I don't know that I'd rate them equal to the Polsilvers and Kai, but for the money they are surprisingly smooth and efficient. Longevity is low. Expect only 2-3 shaves/blade but again for the money, I'm not concerned. I'll post some Primes to you if you like.
Oooh very generous! I accept!
:love:

OMG (say it like a post Sunday drag queen) is the biggest heaviest box I've seen.
You've out done yourself @Mark1966 & donators. How the hell you can do this all fortnight long buggers me.

Made two rows, left out and right in. Stacked from same vendor. And alittle drink to help the decision process.
4a166fd7b4.png

The post/aftershaves I will work out along the way.

Just spent the last 40 minutes sniffing just less than half of it and done. Weeded a few more out but Luna, Pino, Sapone V&C, APR Fenchurch, L&L, Eufros, Mystic locked in for a shave.
Another sniff test tomorrow night.

OMG (say it like a post Sunday drag queen) is the biggest heaviest box I've seen.
You've out done yourself @Mark1966 & donators. How the hell you can do this all fortnight long buggers me.

Made two rows, left out and right in. Stacked from same vendor. And alittle drink to help the decision process.
4a166fd7b4.png

The post/aftershaves I will work out along the way.

You wait till you see the Meet Up sample box ...

Just spent the last 40 minutes sniffing just less than half of it and done. Weeded a few more out but Luna, Pino, Sapone V&C, APR Fenchurch, L&L, Eufros, Mystic locked in for a shave.
Another sniff test tomorrow night.

Of course you can take a scoop out and test later!

Late last week SOTD, little late with posting.

After hunting around the box I decided first up to use a combo with the same soap and post.

Brush: Maseto 26mm two band badger
Soap sample: Wholly Kaw's Man from Mayfair
Razor: Guerrilla OC
Blade: BIC (4)
Post sample: Wholly Kaw's Man from Mayfair

Lovely scent and quite surprised by it. Usually dislike powdery notes and if I read a review that includes the term 'powdery' I run a mile.
For me powdery scents remind me of talc (old people) and barbershops so I just steer clear of them.
Until APR's Fougère Bourbon Rose came along, which opened my eyes and then realised 'some' powdery notes can be done well, so thank you @todras
And here we have one, the Man from Mayfair. I now do regret not getting my hands on a set of this one sooner.
Lovely autumn scent and a hint of resin or tar in the background, not listed but there.
Scent profile: Bergamot, Basil, Lavender, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss and a blend of musk over a background of soft, powdery notes.

Performance of the soap was great and lathered very easily but I have two Wholly Kaw soaps so not really a problem for me. However the post feel and glide felt off. Not sure if it was a 'sample' issue, brush and lather combo but thought it might be the vegan formula which someone else also questioned. @Mark1966?
Either way, highly recommend.
The post splash was used sparingly so can't really comment on it's performance. As the post sample really is for a scent test not a whole face splash as other P&Cers will just frankly miss out if I go crazy. I think it was good and felt ok.

Performance of the soap was great and lathered very easily but I have two Wholly Kaw soaps so not really a problem for me. However the post feel and glide felt off. Not sure if it was a 'sample' issue, brush and lather combo but thought it might be the vegan formula which someone else also questioned. @Mark1966?

This is what it is from -

QypH4bzl.jpg

Tallow version

This is done and dusted in Sydney now I understand? Anybody missed? If not it is off to @Korbz

Used a sample I took of the T and S Himalaya tonight. I did not much care for the scent (maybe a bit to much going on there for me) but the lather was rich, creamy and dense.veasy to get going as well. Plenty soft skin feel after as well.

Now to see what scents appeal

Box has landed north of the border :) Wow @Mark1966 , absolutely insane! Some scents I thought I would like, not so much. Others I wasn't sure of, in the must try box. Standout for me was Fenchurch tbh. I recently fell in love with the scent DNA from PDM Carlisle, and Fenchurch whilst different, has a similar enough DNA to be a really nice pairing. Will be doing reviews :)

Been a bit hectic this week. Was down in Sydney Wed/Thu so took a couple days off shaving.

First soap to try was the Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey. I also grabbed a Dorco Plat Prime for the Karve C. My nose has been blocked to hell all week, so scents are a bit lost. From what I could get it was pleasant enough to use most months in Qld. Lather I think I went to heavy with the water both times, and got a low density lather. Still performed well, just wasn't lost for words. I have another MW that I want to try in the box so will spend way more time building next round. Dorco last time I used was a bit rough first shave, but settled into a really nice blade from then to about 6-7 shaves. This time, no issues first shave in the Karve. Felt really nice.

Today was first go of the T&S. Honestly, going by the smell I was expecting a skin reaction to both soap and a/s. Very impressed with this soap. I haven't shaved in a couple of days, so had a bit of growth for the first pass. BBS result after 3 effortless passes. Glide was excellent both during and residual. Great density to the lather that lasted ages. Scent I have no idea about, the nose today is totally gone. Wife said it's ok, which is good as she's a little picky. Aftershave felt nice on the skin, though it wasn't a rough shave so didn't need to do much. Would be interested to put it to the challenge after a rough shave. I would buy some of this soap if I found a scent I liked.

cRLTrYfl.jpg

weoG1zxl.jpg

Wickhams I think I last tried when it was more of a creamy consistency in a sample from one of the Marks :) Wasn't a huge fan back then and have been wanting to give another go since. So glad I did, very nice performer. Performance was right up there, with the lather quite thick, and good glide (not elite, but high). Post shave was good as well, without being excellent. I would buy this soap if I found a scent I loved, but probably not a blind buy.

Pinaud Musk - just no. My nose must have been really blocked the other night when I put this one aside for use. I put it in my hand, applied one cheek and washed off. Sorry, the smell is just terrible.

x2L1azOl.jpg

Apologies to @nsavage as this is the first time I've tried the F2 base. I've been redirecting purchases to fragrances and trying to run down soaps. The F2 base really is up there, and performs up there with the best in all areas (though don't need to spell out how good it is around here given how frequently it's used in SOTD). Scent is brilliant as well. I wasn't sure about the plum notes, but they brilliantly were offset by the musky/leathery/tobacco base like a rich warm hug. It has a creamy vibe to go with the masculine musk, that would pair well with many winter favorite EDPs with similar DNA, if you didn't have the EDP of the same name.