Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 5

I had a fantastic time with the travelling box. A huge thankyou to @Mark1966 for arranging it and to all those who contributed items.

It's a really great opportunity to experience soap bases and scents you otherwise would never have a chance to try.

The box has been passed on to @tim33z at the Melbourne Meetup. I'm sure he'll have a wide range of interesting SOTD's to come.

I had a fantastic time with the travelling box. A huge thankyou to @Mark1966 for arranging it and to all those who contributed items.

It's a really great opportunity to experience soap bases and scents you otherwise would never have a chance to try.

The box has been passed on to @tim33z at the Melbourne Meetup. I'm sure he'll have a wide range of interesting SOTD's to come.
So my one soap usage is now on hiatus while I work through some samples. Many smell great, some smell crap, but the bases will be interesting. The aftershaves are yet to be sample sniffed, other than the veg and the pinaud clubman. I’ll need some beers to start working on these...

So I’ve been through the box once again to sniff everything and work out what to use. I’ve settled on these pairings, in no particular order:

DG/CL TSM Fougere soap and splash

Squadron Scramble & APR Mycroft

Mystic Waters Windjammer & AdP Colonia

P&B Imperial Rum & Ogallala BR Sandalwood

APR Fenchurch Soap & splash

Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather & Squadron Group Captains Blend splash

Blackship Davy Jones soap and splash

Some of these I’m trying purely to test out the soap base itself, ie P&B, Blackship and Squadron soaps.

Others I want to try for the scent such as Fenchurch and the TSM Fougere.

Wickams is one I wouldn’t have considered if I didn’t have a sniff of the Club Cola that @Kaeckerut brought to the meetup yesterday, if it performs admirably, it’ll be on the buy list.

And finally, Mystic Waters. Not a base I know anything about, but believe this is one that @alfredus often shows off in his lathershots posts, so I’m going to try to replicate those achievements.

The box itself if a very good assortment of soaps and splashes. Some are absolute “NO’s” on first whiff, but some take a few goes to be sure it’s a no, though they do grow on you I guess. That Lilac Veg is something huh?!?

Thanks to all those who contributed items and I look forward to giving some a good test before passing the box onto @Callum in a few weeks.

I really should have tried some when I had a chance

@tim33z the performance on the tallow+steel is also worth a look when you get the time. Oh and sudys soap too.
Put the scent aside on these.

PCTB5 is in the post winding it way to me as we speak.
Now I get to impatiently check the tracking number every day/hr/15min to see where it is upto.
Yes it is on the way as you say!

I provide my sincere thanks to all those contributors of the box, as well as @Mark1966 for organising this whole thing.

Next year or whenever it is, if you didn’t jump on this time around, be sure to do so. It’s a very worthwhile initiative to try things you hadn’t previously had the pleasure to use.

It’s saved me (and will no doubt cost me) a tonne of cash....

Yes it is on the way as you say!

I provide my sincere thanks to all those contributors of the box, as well as @Mark1966 for organising this whole thing.

Next year or whenever it is, if you didn’t jump on this time around, be sure to do so. It’s a very worthwhile initiative to try things you hadn’t previously had the pleasure to use.

It’s saved me (and will no doubt cost me) a tonne of cash....

Looking forward to seeing an announcement to the 2019 box ... This forum has been very educational and enabling!

J0NLL0ll.jpg

Hmm where to start?

Probably not here...
hVrBguil.jpg

I’m confused why this didn’t travel via 40 depots and got to you 1 business day after posting and it wasn’t express??

Also, it’s a right squeeze to get that box into the 3kg bag but it does fit with gentle coercing!
I was impressed with both the speed and the fact that you managed to fit it in that bag.

@Mark1966 you said the Lilac Vegetal would be a winner!? That bottle still has aftershave up and in the neck of the bottle. Either someone really liked it and also got really guilty and topped it up or it has been panned by every P&C traveling box participant.:X3:
Not even this worked for me....