Pb 42

Pbgoose

3jSxBLsl.jpg

This started out as a play with Cardamom and Tobacco. I've been sitting on the fragrance for a while as the name for it just wasn't coming to me, so that meant if it was going to be made into a soap it was destined for the next number in line which just happened to be No: 42. 42 is a good number so it sticks.

This is not a take on B&M's 42. I haven't had the pleasure of trying B&M's 42 so I don't know what the fragrance of B&M 42 is like apart from reading the product description. And, no, Pb 42 does not contain any Pan Galatic Gargle Blaster.

The scent is of fairly strong character so it was an ideal candidate for a base with oils that mess severely with some other fragrances. I'm happy with the scent post cook and it get's the nod from Mrs Pbgoose which is good but a little suprising given the blokey scent components of Tobacco and White Birch.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Tamanu Oil, Avocado Oil, Hemp Oil, Tallow (Beef), Kokum Butter, Lanolin, Shea Butter, Filtered Water (RO), KOH, NaOH, French Green Clay, Bentonite, Tussah Silk, Glycerine, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Cardamom, Tobacco, Clove, Cinnamon, Bergamot, Labdanum, Rose, Gurjun Balsalm, Clary Sage, Lime, Black Pepper, Peppermint, White Birch.

The French Green Clay, Tamanu, Avocado and Hemp all contribute to the green hue of the soap.

Scent wise the Cardamom contributes but is not overpowering and adds a camphor note. The tobacco is present. The Bergamot, Clary Sage and Peppermint carry some freshness with some delicious sweetness from the Labdanum and Rose. I'm slowly learning subtlety - my first use of White Birch left the house smelling of bushfire aftermath, but you have to go looking for it in Pb 42.

This is a very thirsty soap producing a thick yoghurty lather. Very happy with test shave.

thanks for all the fish!