Pb Brazilian Bay Thyme

Pbgoose

Had a crack at another clay based soap. This time Brazilian Purple clay which gives the soap a nice hue.
I wanted to do another Bay essential oil based soap so worked up something different from the usual Bay Rum genre. Thyme adds an interesting kick to the fragrance but I had to dramatically cut back the dose from the original test scent as the Thyme dominates but not noticeably until the blend dries down then the Thyme stomped over everything.

I've been using Thyme for years therapeutically, a bit like you'd use deep heat, but you have to be extremely careful with it otherwise you take skin off (burns). I'll be looking out for any warming with the test lather. Some like face freeze with Menthol, this stuff could potentially be the antithesis of that, but I'm not going to try it.
KJxAIvul.jpg

Test lather went well. I think it's a nicer creamy yoghurt than the MnM and I did give it a heavier dose of clay and silk but that suits me with straight razors and maybe not as much for DE users. I think there's plenty of cushion and slickness but of course subject to actual razor testing. The lather retains a hint of the purple hue. The photo doesn't show the purple of the soap very well.
The scent again didn't translate to the soap quite how I thought. In the test scent there's a liquor type sheen to the scent which gets muted in the soap but there's more darkness and warmth in this soap which I was after so hopefully it works. The bay, rosemary and thyme all give an edge and hopefully interest. Maybe I should try some rum in it (when all else fails).

Ingredients: Stearic, Palm Oil, Mango Seed Butter, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Filtered Water (RO), Glycerine, KOH, NaOH, Brazilian Purple Clay, Tussah Silk, essential oils.
Essential Oils: Bay, Rosemary, Thyme, Geranium, Labdanum.

Thyme concept is interesting.
Was wondering if cinnamon or capsicum could afford a similar effect for winter.

@borked , wasn't writing off the idea. Menthol is unique in that you can apply it to different scent profiles without drastically changing them whereas the likes of thyme, cinnamon and capsicum are going to dictate scent profiles. Thyme for eg. just blasts everything to kingdom come especially if you were trying to warm with it.:) Alternative for rum - drink instead of/as well as soap ingredient - result, warming.:D

@borked , wasn't writing off the idea. Menthol is unique in that you can apply it to different scent profiles without drastically changing them whereas the likes of thyme, cinnamon and capsicum are going to dictate scent profiles. Thyme for eg. just blasts everything to kingdom come especially if you were trying to warm with it.:) Alternative for rum - drink instead of/as well as soap ingredient - result, warming.:D
All good, I realise that mate :)
My thought path is from not everyone builds a lather using a bowl/scuttle.