I've had it on my mind to do a Dragon's Blood scent and my daughter is doing a dragon's head sculpture for her Yr12 major art work so it seemed like a good time¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I really like PAA's Sangre de Drago so that is really my only source of inspiration. Dragon's Blood resin is available on the web but it is not, as I understand it, the source of the commonly recognised scent, though I'm not sure how much variance there would be in Dragon's Blood scents. I think the easiest way to obtain the scent is to purchase fragrance oil but I wanted to attempt something with essential oils. There are plenty of suggestions on the internet for ingredients but not much in the way of recipes so it was just a matter of having a play and seeing what I could put together.
I think I got in the ballpark but this iteration is still very much an 'interpretation'. I'll happily use Sangre de Drago as the aftershave for this soap. There's a lot going on in the scent so it may take a while to settle. Of course the Tamanu and Hemp oils in the base also have influenced the scent. I think it's evident it comes from the same stable as Red Dwarf, Henry and 35.1.
I used a tweaked version of the Pb Myrrlin base and changed the KOH/NaOH ratio to arrive at a soft soap rather than the paste consistency of Myrrlin. I used Mediterranean Red Clay to provide the colour. I have ordered some Dragon's Blood resin so I can try further iterations with it, if for nothing else, colour, but hopefully also for beneficial skin properties and maybe some input from the resinous scent.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Tallow (Beef), Tamanu Oil, Avocado Oil, Hemp Oil, Kokum Butter, Lanolin, Shea Butter, Filtered Water (RO), Glycerine, KOH, NaOH, Tussah Silk, Mediterranean Red Clay, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Myrrh, Frankincense, Labdanum, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Blood Orange, Rose, Vanilla, Patchouli, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clove, Grapefruit, Cade, Jasmine, Vetiver, White Birch.