Pb Green Parrot

Pbgoose

Thought it time to do another Bay Rum style soap. Whilst the basics for a bay rum probably don't vary a great deal I started with a bay rum suggestion posted by todras a couple of years ago and went from there. The backbone of Lime and Sweet Orange is similar to my Bay/Lime but I wanted a bit more depth, freshness and sweetness. The biggest departure from Bay/Lime is the absence of Clove. I ended up with three versions and rather than drag out the number list again ended up calling them yellow, brown and green parrot for the sake of some association with the genre. Yeah, I know, it's got feathers on it.:)

So this one's Green Parrot as I wanted to try the version including Spearmint and Cinnamon essential oils. Both Mrs Pbgoose and a mate of mine preferred Yellow Parrot which I'll give a run later. I don't know if Brown Parrot will fly. Brown Parrot has a touch of rum which I thought would work well but I preferred the freshness of Yellow and Green Parrot.

I used the base of Bay/Lime MkIII as the starting point for the base making a few changes characteristic of my later bases and keeping the base relatively neutral as I didn't want to lose the freshness of the Green Parrot scent.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Olive Oil, Tallow (Beef), Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Lanolin, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Filtered Water (RO), KOH, NaOH, Tussah silk, Bentonite Clay, Glycerine and Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Lime, Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, Bay, Patchouli, Camphor, Ginger, Palmarosa, Gurjun Balsam, Grapefruit, Black Pepper, Benzoin, Rose, Spearmint, Cinnamon.

Test shave was good. It felt a little different to lather than my later bases, possibly as I haven't used Olive oil for a while, but there was no argument with the result. Luxurious cream to apply and I couldn't fault the performance which my criteria is usually based on whether it performs well with a straight razor and whether it passes the Asylum test. In this case it provided a lovely basis for a straight razor shave with multiple passes with no irritation and leaving the skin moisturised. Mrs Pbgoose passed by the bathroom mid shave and was happy with the scent of the lather.

UJjx68vl.jpg