Pb Tobacco Blue

Pbgoose

7AFiycAl.jpg

Another cook up tonight, this time mucking around with Tobacco essential oil. The Blue in the name comes from the Blue Tansy content of the essential oils which also contributes to the colour of the soap. The colour is also influenced by the Tamanu, Avocado and Hemp oils used. Whilst there is nothing new in the oils line up, the Kokum Butter content is the highest I've used in a soap to date.
The scent is not tobacco heavy, the Blue Tansy had more influence than expected. When playing around with the EO test mix I pushed the Tobacco content past the approval limit of my wife as I figured that would be closer to what we blokes would prefer. The soap smells a bit different to the test EO batch and off the fresh puck it's a hint of peppery green and when lathered there's a suggestion of spearmint.
Test lather was very creamy, I wouldn't mind it a bit more substantial but it's still very fresh and the real test will be test shave tomorrow.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Tallow (Beef), Tamanu Oil, Avocado Oil, Hemp Oil, Kokum Butter, Shea Butter, Glycerine, Tussah Silk, Filtered Water (RO), KOH, NaOH, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Tobacco, Blue Tansy, Cinnamon, Lime, Clove and Sweet Orange.

Last edited: