Pinaud Clubman

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Mark1966 got back from NYC recently and posted me the Clubman I asked him for. Thank you Mark.

This stuff is called an "American Classic". What that means is it's cheap, and hated and loved in equal measure. Think US Brut.

In fact, it is remarkably similar to Brut, which is handy because I've rediscovered Brut and like it. Brut is a really nice, fresh scent, so long as you don't bathe in it, and in the 70s most blokes did. I'm not really big on fragrance, so cheap stuff suits me well.

So $8.79 buys you half a litre of olde tyme AS goodness. Pinaud do some nice shaped bottles, but when you get up to this sort of size, all that goes out the window, and bog standard plastic flagons is what's on offer. Yes, we're not in YSL, Givenchy or Dior territory here.

yhst-16274294850213_2158_696049

This is also one of those 'bad old' Aftershaves that gives AS the bad rep it enjoys today. There's no face goodies in here - this is alcohol, water and smellies, just like Brut (although they throw a bit of glycerine in Brut these days).

So what you're really looking at here is a watered down cologne, and that's just how I use Brut, so this stuff is in good company. As I said, scentwise it's similar to Brut, but more powdery. Half a litre. Used as colgone. They'll be burying me with this bottle...

Thanks again to Mark. For my next acquisition, I'll be sending Jug off to China's Zehngzhou Province to fetch a batch of rare, blue mountain water badger hair, that will be set in a short fat knot, by way of the Isle of Man.

Having henchman to call upon is very life affirming.

The first rule about Drubbing is WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT DRUBBING.

lol henchmen.

I prefer "minion".

.........Think US Brut. In fact, it is remarkably similar to Brut, which is handy because I've rediscovered Brut and like it. Brut is a really nice, fresh scent, so long as you don't bathe in it, and in the 70s most blokes did...........

Old tyme....Brut....Tabac. You really are an old-fashioned lad aren't you Drubbing!

I would love to get some clubmen maybe a aussie vender could get some in
I heard they do a great bay rum

and many SRP forum members swear by em

Drubbing,

Great review - glad you enjoyed the Clubman!

Yogi, Hmmm, PM me your address and you might find that the shaving fairies - sorry, henchmen, may drop a little sample of the Clubman Bay Rum in your letterbox...... :eek:mg:

Now, the Clubman is something I always wanted to try..... damn you lot making me spend money!