Post Your Rant of the Day

We've been using rechargeables for a while. Longeivity and output is an issue. Did some research and at the time the Dick Smith branded ones were considered the better buy so we've got a load of thoses. I'll keep an eye out for Eneloop. We've got at least one appliance where rechargeables just don't hack it. Strangely enough it's the Evap Aircon remote. According to the maintenance engineer we had around, the batteries in the remote have to be super powerful as it sends a signal to the main unit every couple of minutes. My first reaction was...what a load of b.....cks... but he was right. No matter how freshly recharged they are, the system only consistently works with new disposables. Maybe the rechargeables are getting tired. Personally I love rechargeables, gives me a real good greenie buzz. They do run out a lot quicker and I have to endure a lot of stick from my family but stuff'm....they're staying.

Seeing that I only have a little more than a hour before I'm out there... My Rant for today....!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358936445.911147.jpg

Even colder today:)-(....

Last edited:
OK, my turn.

I try not to be critical of YKW and spend a fair bit of time there BUT, please, please do we really need:

Shoes of the Day

Today's Tie?

In case we do MON - FRI black lace ups for me and weekends RM Williams Kangaroo Comfort Craftsman.

OK, maybe we do need these threads ...

OK, my turn.

I try not to be critical of YKW and spend a fair bit of time there BUT, please, please do we really need:

Shoes of the Day

Today's Tie?

In case we do MON - FRI black lace ups for me and weekends RM Williams Kangaroo Comfort Craftsman.

OK, maybe we do need these threads ...

Lol....

People have more than one pair of shoes? I just wear the same pair to work each day.... I must just be so common!

It's one of the useful things that I learned in the army. Alway let your shoes/boots air dry for a day. Better for the shoes; better for your feet.
I have stopped putting a white dot of paint on the back of the second pair. Decided to have more colors than just black!

It's one of the useful things that I learned in the army. Alway let your shoes/boots air dry for a day. Better for the shoes; better for your feet.
I have stopped putting a white dot of paint on the back of the second pair. Decided to have more colors than just black!

Absolutely correct - which is why I have three pairs of black shoes and two pairs of boots :)

As an aside if you stay with plain black socks when the sock eating monster strikes you can still make pairs of the leftovers!

Is there a Mrs Lynchy?

Yes, and yes she does have lots of shoes :p

Lol the sarcasm obviously didn't come through in the post! Obviously we all have more than one pair of shoes but do we really need to tell people what where wearing each day? It's like taking photos of every meal and posting it on facebook?

But in saying that we all post up what we shave with each day lol ...hypocrites much?

But in saying that we all post up what we shave with each day lol ...hypocrites much?

On a shaving website

/edit we will just pretend I didn't post in completely the wrong thread, ok?

I just bought a "proper" pair to get married in, otherwise my "shoe" collection consists of boat shoes, sandals and runners.

Oh and steel toe capped boots for field work of course.

Last edited:
KT26 Glen?

If that is a shoe brand you must remember that I am not of the generation who understands shorthand speak. :)
I buy a pair of no name shoes usually from Rivers and they do me for many years. It is when herself throws them out that I know it is time for a new pair. Usually they either have holes in the soles or the soles are removing themselves from the uppers - but value for money from shoes I get.

I imagine SYD to be a very smartly dressed, sophisticated fashionista.

And I suspect of a different generation if he refers to shoes by their initials. To me they are shoes as opposed to Nike Air Jordan Kick Ass Gangsta Hightops :) Or as the really hip would say NAJ KAGHs

And I suspect of a different generation if he refers to shoes by their initials. To me they are shoes as opposed to Nike Air Jordan Kick Ass Gangsta Hightops :) Or as the really hip would say NAJ KAGHs

You were all right until you brought Michael Jordan in to it. He's just turned 50 and ain't doin' much air anymore.

You were all right until you brought Michael Jordan in to it. He's just turned 50 and ain't doin' much air anymore.

He was still doing ok at 49

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrja3wLxIY[/video]

You'd be wrong lol.

I remember kt26. Also Dunlop volleys which you can't get for less than $50 now.

That explains a lot. From Urban Dictionary:

Traditional Bogans of the 80s were often seen wearing a well maintained pair of Dunlop KT26 Running Shoes. These shoes were the footwear of choice for many A Bogan in the 80s.
The KT26s were not an every day shoe as one might say but rather A "going Out" Shoe. This Non Gay shoe would be used for special occasions such as going to the pub on friday nights, going to the speedway, watching Blowers Burnouts and boobs at Dazzas house, attending Barbecues where there may be women present and the like. The Dunlop KT26 was the finishing touch to the utilitarian like attire a freshly showered Bogan would don on a special night out. Traditional attire would include KT26 Shoes, tight Stonewash jeans, a Flanny with Smokes in top pocket, and a well groomed Mullet.

Also, just found out that you can get both in steel toe capped versions these days:

http://www.workin-gear.com.au/Dunlop.html

Last edited: