Proraso Red

r377

Been dry shaving for less than 12 months but i love this stuff. I've always had irritated face and neck after shaving so always apply AS lotion or balm.

With the Proraso Red i thoroughly rinse my face and neck with cold water 2 or 3 times over the course of 5-10 mins. With this soap i don't really need the AS lotion anymore. Great after 30 years of shaving ! Even during the day I usually wash my face with Nivea face wash, then go over again with the Red soap. It just leaves a nice feel.

Anyone else wash their face with their fav soaps ?

Ive tried the Proraso White but don't really like as much...

Anyone else wash their face with their fav soaps ?

I've never tried washing my face with shaving soap, but if it works for you, then that's all that matters. It might be a bit too drying for my face (everyone's different). I prefer to wash my face with a gentle soap or face wash and then apply a moisturiser. Glad to know you have found something that works for you.

r377 I, like Volare, find shave soaps very harsh on the face as a washing soap. If I don't add a moisturizer post shave I can feel my face contract as the skin dries out.

I do like the Proraso Red with its mild Sandalwood scent, finding the white wishy washy, but the green is the winner for me.

I wondered if that drying effect you mention might be a result of the vegan formula of Proraso soaps, so as an experiment just a few minutes ago, I used my B&M Reserve Lavender (it was on top of the nearest pile) as a face soap. Not harsh or drying at all (for my skin), so maybe that goes some way towards confirming my hypothesis.

Hardly a comprehensive experiment, though. As far as scientific method goes, it's a crock of shit, just something to consider.