Prorazo "matched" aftershaves

AussieTanker

Hi Folks

Please excuse me if this has been posted before. I have the prorazo shaving soaps and their "matching" aftershaves in the green and red. So far its all good and I'm happy!

I also ordered the prorazo in the white plastic bowl (green tea & oatmeal) but forgot to order the matching aftershave. So I've gone on the hunt and to my surprise it seems that there is no 'matching" aftershave to the white prorazor - at least not one that i could find. There is a matching 'balm" but i presume that a "balm" is not an aftershave but a thicker blend (of something) that is applied post safe to sooth and minimize any razor burn or skin irritation (ie i have a Nivea balm - and it's a lot thicker than what i would consider as a after shave)

Have i missed something or is it just not sold here in Au very much? And if so, what do you guys that use prorazor white "pair' it with in regards to an aftershave?

PS. Has anyone used any of the other prorazo aftershave / colognes, and in particular the "Azur & lime" or the "Cypress & Vetyver" ... I suspect that the "Wood & Spice" might be a bit too hay fever inducing to me but would also be interested in any comments if anyone has tried it at all ...

And can anyone tell me the technical difference between an Aftershave and a Cologne?

i have the azur lime and proraso green soap in the tub, only reason i use the green is to clean new brushes i find its very easy to lather but not very protective.. the azur lime is their premium range made for straights (and cypress & vetyver). This line of creams are reasonably slick and i enjoy using mine.

nice scent also, not strong

I have used the Cypress & Vetiver splash and really enjoyed the scent.
It smells just like a soldiers worn canvas dufflebag. (I come from a military family)

It smells just like a soldiers worn canvas dufflebag. (I come from a military family)

hahaha .... mmmm ... I'm not quite sure what one of those smells like! And if i go sniff a soldier i might get arrested. But thanks for the explanation. It made my day. Just because of your explanation i think i will need to give it a try so i gave added it to my list!

Thank you :)

i have the azur lime and proraso green soap in the tub, only reason i use the green is to clean new brushes i find its very easy to lather but not very protective.. the azur lime is their premium range made for straights

Im actually really keen to try some of their Azur and Lime. It sounds nice! Do you think it also suitable for a DE shave? if you have time can you please explain how you clean a new brush using prorazo green (and why)

Thank you

Im actually really keen to try some of their Azur and Lime. It sounds nice! Do you think it also suitable for a DE shave? if you have time can you please explain how you clean a new brush using prorazo green (and why)

Thank you

yes absolutely, i use this myself (and i do no or ever will use a straight). The only reason i mentioned a straight razor was because these were made by proraso with the view to make this line slicker than the rest, so if you like proraso and want a cream go for this one over their standard line

in regards to cleaning the brush its nothing special, i just lather up the brush with the soap reason being is that animal hair brushes do have various amount of funk in them so i just do this to help clean it out.

If you buy a badger or boar brush and just simply soak it into a glass of clear warm water for a while you will see the water discolor into a murky 'funk'.

animal hair brushes do have various amount of funk in them so i just do this to help clean it out.

If you buy a badger or boar brush and just simply soak it into a glass of clear warm water for a while you will see the water discolor into a murky 'funk'.

OK... I did not know that. Thank you. That is timely advice. Seems like I need to get busy with some brush cleaning!

Hi Folks

Have i missed something or is it just not sold here in Au very much? And if so, what do you guys that use prorazor white "pair' it with in regards to an aftershave?

PS. Has anyone used any of the other prorazo aftershave / colognes, and in particular the "Azur & lime" or the "Cypress & Vetyver" ... I suspect that the "Wood & Spice" might be a bit too hay fever inducing to me but would also be interested in any comments if anyone has tried it at all ...

And can anyone tell me the technical difference between an Aftershave and a Cologne?

Out of the Proraso range, the Cypress & Vetyver is my 2nd place. The scent is mild and fresh, it's not what you'd classify as "barbershop" at all, it's a very clean scent. It doesn't hang around very long and the best way to describe it would be that it's not woodsy, its more like when you break the leaf and that fresh smell that comes out.

I've also got the white tub of soap, it's my 3rd place for performance unfortunately, but the main balm that I use the Proraso balm that comes in a baby blue box.. that thing is my favourite by far. The smell is on-point, like a clean, fresh soap kind of smell and works really well.

It's hard to describe smells on here, but both of these balms are great.

In regards to the Nivea, I tipped out about 15ml and poured in some 'Old Spice'.. it works really well for me, it's made the Nivea less 'gluggy' and I get a nice mild hint of 'Old Spice' :)

Out of the Proraso range, the Cypress & Vetyver is my 2nd place. The scent is mild and fresh, it's not what you'd classify as "barbershop" at all, it's a very clean scent.

Thnaks. I will give it a try! I also have the white one. I haven't tried it yet but have only heard good things about it :)

In regards to the Nivea, I tipped out about 15ml and poured in some 'Old Spice'.. it works really well for me, it's made the Nivea less 'gluggy' and I get a nice mild hint of 'Old Spice'

What a great idea. I might give that a go as well!