Queen Charlotte Soaps - Cedarwood & Lemongrass

~Spyne~

Next up from my QCS sampler was the C&L croap. Same process as previous reviews;
shower while brush soaks, then shave in shower with Hydro5 cart (for consistency) at end of shower (water still running).

I'd love to get some pics for you guys of each of these lathers, but since I'm doing them in the shower, makes things a bit hard. Hopefully I will be able to go back and add pictures later when I get some time to make a lather with each while doing a basin shave.

So it was a real toss-up between trying this or the Rose this morning, but the C&L won out simply because I didn't want to risk smelling like a flower at work all day.
Scent in the jar was fresh, earthy, almost with a hint of 'tang' in there - similar to a chinese greengrocers. Definitely get the lemongreass coming through on top of a faint 'soil/dirt' scent.

On to the important stuff...
Mashed an almond-sized piece of the croap into the bottom of the bowl, squeezed out the 1305 and started lightly swirling. And swirling. And swirling. Add some water. Still swirling....this was taking alot more work than the previous two, but seemed easier to get that 'right amount of water' balance.
After even more working, I finally got what was a VERY nice lather. Initially looked like enough for a 2-pass, which I was happy with since it was a work day and I just needed to be 'presentable'.
Wet face under running water again, since I was just about dry after all that lather-working, and got to applying for the 1st pass. A nice smooth lather with a much fainter scent than dry in the jar. Easy shave, followed by more working of the lather and re-applying. 2nd pass was ear-to-nose XTG, again nice and smooth - the razor effortlessly gliding over my skin.
Rinse off and figure 'what the hell', go for a 3rd pass. Brush up what's left in the bowl and apply - the lather has become a bit wet now from spray off my shoulders so required a bit more work and then i squeezed out the uber-lather from the brush and gently spread this out over the sensitive areas for extra protection. Nose-to-ear XTG this time and still a great, smooth shave.
Rinse off, cold splash and dry off. Nice and smooth and my face hasn't really dried out too much. Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive ASB. Almost zero scent from the croap and then completely overtaken by the VERY faint scent the Nivea has.

Summary - seemed to require more work to get the lather going, but gave a very nice, smooth shave that didn't dry out my skin too much. Minimal scent once lathered up.
7.5/10