Random distillate ramblings

SmallYetDeadly

Brotherhood of Fanbois
Your gloria jean syrup comment made me think you thought they added sugar to bourbon.

I would rather taste corn sweetness over scotsmans underpants if I'm forced to drink bottom shelf dreck :D

Yeah, maybe I didn't convey what I meant properly in that sweetness can hide a wide variety of ills.

I will also add that I don't drink either through choice.

I would rather taste corn sweetness over scotsmans underpants if I'm forced to drink bottom shelf dreck :D

No self respecting Scot wears them :)
Bourbon is brought to you by the same people who: 1. Have a game of baseball amongst each other and call it the World Series; 2: Think the height of motor racing is driving around in circles (ok ovals) for hundreds of miles 3. Can make the last 2 minutes of a basketball game last for 20; amongst other sins against nature and mankind. I admit I drink what you would call bottom shelf dreck (Jamisons Irish) and would not trade it for all the Bourbon in Tennessee.

No self respecting Scot wears them :)

I know! :amazed::amazed::amazed:

Bourbon is brought to you by the same people who: 1. Have a game of baseball amongst each other and call it the World Series; 2: Think the height of motor racing is driving around in circles (ok ovals) for hundreds of miles 3. Can make the last 2 minutes of a basketball game last for 20; amongst other sins against nature and mankind. I admit I drink what you would call bottom shelf dreck (Jamisons Irish) and would not trade it for all the Bourbon in Tennessee.

Not sure if that is a brilliant troll or an honest mistake :laugh:

Jamisons is nice enough. I'd drink it anyday ahead of the vast majority $40 bourbons for sipping or on the rocks.

I also take umbrage with number 1. It is really just a game of rounders for adults.

Of course I forgot to include the USAs greatest insult to the drinking world (apart from persuading people sweet fermented corn juice is an actual drink) and that of course is Budweiser. I was at an ex-friends house one day and he was aware I was from North America so thought he would make me feel at home (I left when I was 11 so I am not sure what sort of childhood he assumed I had). Anyway he proudly brought out a six pack of Budweiser. Having never tasted it before I tried it - after the first bottle I figured that bottle must be off so had a second - I have never had a third since then(and that was 6 years ago). If I got really really desperate for a drink I think I would choose cats piss and metho over another Budweiser.

Nothing wrong with budWeiser in my opinion. Or Bourbon. Baseball and basketball are a bit silly.
I like Jamiesons too. Very nice and better than jd or scotch.

Bud is the only beer that can make me want to reach for a VB. To call it bland is like comparing 7 different kinds of tofu and actually finding a difference.

Jamesons Reserve is very decent Irish. I think they make better whiskey overall than the Scots. Bloody hairy rangas in skirts got a god complex because they can make decent piss. Bells is rank; watered down paintstripper with a marketing budget.

Bud is the only beer that can make me want to reach for a VB. To call it bland is like comparing 7 different kinds of tofu and actually finding a difference.

Jamesons Reserve is very decent Irish. I think they make better whiskey overall than the Scots. Bloody hairy rangas in skirts got a god complex because they can make decent piss. Bells is rank; watered down paintstripper with a marketing budget.

Quote of the day there!

Bells is rank; watered down paintstripper with a marketing budget.

I agree, I regard it as cooking whisky (or that bottle you reserve for the in-laws)... If Bell's is your yardstick then you need a new yardstick. Try a Speyside malt, or an Islay malt... Different worlds

I don't know why Bells even bothers advertising. This is the sort of person that drinks the stuff...

[video=youtube;GVIuyQFz0zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIuyQFz0zo[/video]

Quote of the day there!

I laughed, but Mrs Egg didn't. She says you just haven't had enough tofu.

Customer gave me an 1125ml Johnnie Red as a thank you. I know I sound ungrateful but wish they had asked what I drink first. Gave it to my boss.