Razor comparison

Isn’t what you really want to hear ‘just buy both’ except maybe buy the Mergress instead of the Progress because that’s upselling enabling.:)
Sorry, just killing time til a real answer comes along.

I have a Progress and would like to know if there is any advantage in getting a Rex.
There is also a Rex Envoy to consider...or not.

My tl;dr version (the Progress was the first DE razor I bought when I started traditional shaving 8+ years ago; I owned the Ambassador for ~5 weeks recently & sold it):

For my face, Ambassador had more blade feel at every given setting.
--Progress significant blade chatter compared to the Ambassador
--Fit & finish was no comparison, IMO. Ambassador wins hands down, as it should when priced ~3.5x a new Progress
--Ambassador handle knurling is the best I have ever (and suspect ever will) experience; never cared for the Progress (lack of) grippiness, personally, YMMV of course

I know, very superficial take from me, but I'm not good at reviews and such.

I ultimately sold the Ambassador because it wasn't a razor that I found smooth, and smoothness is my touchstone as someone who shaves 6x/week the vast majority of weeks. I mean, my attitude is I can use any mechanically sound DE as a daily. It's about whether I WANT to; whether it's a razor I feel almost compelled to use, drawn to daily.

With a small discount I got from Razor Emporium here in the U.S. (10%), and factoring in Paypal & shipping fees I ate when selling, I figure it cost me ~$55USD to trial the Ambassador for those 5 weeks. I don't have regret about that, because I needed to know; I have a thing for adjustables, and the design sensibilities of the Ambassador has been calling to me since I first learned it was in development, but I just simply was away from the shaving game during the ~18 month stretch it was first out. I wouldn't want to have a trial expense of this sort every month, but as part of the "hobby" (don't really care for this term, but can't think of an alternative), I am fine with such an expense occasionally.

Cost/performance ratio is so subjective, Hopefully you can find a way to borrow one to try, or are willing to buy kinda blind and offload for a small loss if it doesn't meet your needs.

I had the Rex and ultimately swapped it for a H&S No 75 razor. I found the Rex usable only on setting 1(for me); setting 2 and above had too much blade feel for me, resulting in uncomfortable shaves. In my opinion, having an adjustable that I could only use on one setting sort of defeats the purpose of an adjustable and that is why I got rid of it. I have both the short and long handle Progress razors that I can use on more than one setting that give me smooth and comfortable shaves. The Rex has a better build quality but the Progress gives me smoother shaves with zero irritation. In fact, the Rex reminded me of the titanium timeless sb .68 (which I also got rid of); fantastic build quality but the shaves were lacking. Hope this helps.