Razor re-plating in Australia?

mr626

ARKO! TERMINATOR!
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with having razors re-plated? I know of places in the US and UK that offer this service, but I was wondering if anyone has had it done locally?

If so, what were the costs involved and were you happy with the results?

I'd love to get my Rocket HD re-plated in Rhodium (it's in great condition overall, but I have noticed the beginnings of some plate loss on the head).

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with having razors re-plated? I know of places in the US and UK that offer this service, but I was wondering if anyone has had it done locally?

If so, what were the costs involved and were you happy with the results?

I'd love to get my Rocket HD re-plated in Rhodium (it's in great condition overall, but I have noticed the beginnings of some plate loss on the head).

I've had no experience but others over YNW have used a couple of people and have been happy with the results. I think one in Sydney somebody has used is this mob - Silvergleam Electroplating Co Pty Ltd

Thanks for the reply Mark. I've just emailed that guy, so we'll see what he says.

Did you get reply from this fellow? Interesting to see what they charge.

No, I was just thinking I need to chase this up. I emailed but no reply. The website looks rather...old school so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really use internet based communications that much. Will try calling them.