Razorock Aftershave Wax

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Most of what follows is an excerpt from my SOTD experience. But I thought anything about this aftershave wax bore repeating. It was the pièce de résistance of my shave; though I concede it might just be a good match for my skin, as this stuff seems tailored made for me - the right scent and the right result.

I bought this stuff on a whim to tip the contents of my Shopping Cart towards Free Express Shipping - and boy am I glad I did. When the package arrived it smelt amazing! I couldn't figure out why - 'is this suggestive selling by the the store who cards the package with a scent' I wondered. I unfurled the bubble-wrap and quickly sourced the culprit, a little leakage from the Razorock AS Wax. So those fragrant notes were all its doing. Hmmm…. even the better half loved the smell - and she turns her nose up at most my shaving gear scents (hates the Cella and the Proraso!).

Anyway, I thought aftershave nirvana could only be experienced after that penitent sting (no pain, no gain pfft! what bullshit!). This stuff goes on without anger and quickly brought my face total peace. Smooth, soft, quiet…the only sound was that of my skin sipping up the essential oils of Lavender, Coriander, Juniper, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Patchouli, Fir Needle, and Lemon. Oh and the notes of that darn fine scent - not sure if it were a single stand-out or how those oils weaved together but, oh boy, so so sweet and woody!!!…oh yeah and other than the oils you have nothing in it but Orange Blossom Water, Grain Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax and Vegetable Glycerin.

Better than Alum and Proraso and even milder and more soothing than Nivea Sensitive AS balm. This will be a repeat buy for me I reckon.

Interesting. Is it a hard wax or a very soft 'cream'-like substance?

I am a big fan of Alum followed by the Nivea Sensitive balm, especially in winter. The Alum helps to close my pores and reduce the oilyness, the the Nivea adds a tiny amount of oil to reduce the stimulation of the oil production further.

Interesting. Is it a hard wax or a very soft 'cream'-like substance?
Definitely more a very soft 'cream'-like substance…not as runny as Nivea ASB but still more liquid than solid, really not sure why they call it "a wax".

Yeah, that's pretty much as I though. Kind of like some of the hairstyling creams which are a bit thicker than a moisturiser. Holds it's shape but very soft.

Holds it's shape but very soft.
Spot on! Doesn't detract from its properties none though. I've now used it four times - and the last shave a rougher ATG in some areas - and this stuff just soooooothes without any bite.