RazoRock JAWS OC

StratMan

The JAWS has arrived with leather case..

First impressions : look and feel are amazing. Weighs in at 105g which to me is the sweet spot and gives the razor a solid feel.

Barber pole handle is excellent, attractive while providing plenty of grip.

The head looks gnarly giving this razor it’s appropriate name..

Thoroughly impressed at this stage and wish I could shave tonight but the timeless + feather combo did such an efficient job I don’t have anything to shave.

Will post a review tomorrow morning and at this stage will approach the shave with caution by loading a polsilver in place of a feather..

CANT WAIT :cool:

Ef0OT7a.jpg

SHAVE REPORT : RR JAWS OC

Went to load the blade and noticed the posts are not all on the cap, the two outer posts are in fact on the base plate as can be seen in the pic below. The razor in the pic I am comparing with is the R41 head/cap. So instead of loading the blade onto the underside of the cap I loaded it onto the top of the base plate then place the cap on top. I was amazed at how tight the tolerances were here, no moment at all which helped in perfectly placing the blade.

Once I had loaded the JAWS with a fresh Polsilver SI blade I had a look at the razor and was a little apprehensive to kick of the shave. The blade is exposure quite a bit and this plus the teeth made the JAWS look like something not to be messed with.

Started my WTG pass and I was amazed at how efficient it was while retaining quite a smooth feel. Not as smooth as the timeless but smoother than the R41, sort of like a happy medium. Was very impressed after the first pass.

Second pass XTG went just as well, in fact, it went so well I sort of let down my guard and proceeded with a third pass ATG without any fear.

The smoothness of this razor lulled me into a false sense of security and went into the ATG pass with no fear at all. The JAWS bit me twice on this pass, nothing bad just couple small weepers, but just enough for me to give some respect back to this razor and pay attention. Finished the shave off with some touch ups.

The results were simply amazing, super smooth BBS. I would go so far as to say it gave me a slightly closer shave than my R41. Was super easy to get the slim head to the tricky area under my nose where it did an amazing job. Also with my main trouble spot, the area around my lower neck / Adams apple. To give you a comparison the timeless doesn’t do this good a job in the Adams apple area, the R41 does a very good job but the JAWS even better.

I tried shaving riding the cap and the bar, the cap gave a smoother shave than the bar but not sure on the efficiency difference. The real test will come when I wake up tomorrow and see how much growth I have.

The weight and balance of the JAWS is excellent. The barber pole handle is 85mm long and has a 12mm diameter with the butt end extending to a diameter of 14mm. It has plenty of grip and feels amazing in my hand. Appearance and finish impressive.

It has only been one shave with the JAWS but this razor has given me if not the closest, one of the closes shaves I have ever had, and bear in mind this is with the Polsilver blade. Next blade change I am going to try a feather which I know will up the efficiency a notch or two, hopefully the smooth feeling will still be there.

Weighing in at 105g, this fully CNC machined 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel razor, comes with a genuine leather case that can hold the JAWS and a puck or two. With a total cost, with free delivery, at $110, I couldn’t be happier!! It may be early to call, with just one shave under my belt but the JAWS may have just become my favourite #1 razor.

Anyway, here are some pics…..

Apparently Italian Barber will soon only be offering the base plate for the GC o/c and Jaws.
Other forums state the Jaws is milder than the o/c.
Great review, the s/ b GC is the only razor thus far to challenge my love of the 34c, so I may get the Jaws base plate when in stock.

Apparently Italian Barber will soon only be offering the base plate for the GC o/c and Jaws.
Other forums state the Jaws is milder than the o/c.
Great review, the s/ b GC is the only razor thus far to challenge my love of the 34c, so I may get the Jaws base plate when in stock.

i have read the other way around.. the OC is milder than the JAWS, but the JAWS is more efficient.. I got mine locally from vshod.com, well by locally i mean in AU, and was fully intending to order the OC head only next, but after my first experience with JAWS i dont think i will be.. Not only that but i think i have found my holy grail razor, not sure if i will be buying another.. not for a very long time anyway. BUT again, on that.. we'll see :)

You would think the o/c is the milder and that is what I also assumed.
YMMV and all that.
I suppose the other report(s) were more a personal opinion.
Vshod has sold out of both razors as has Italian Barber.
I would consider the base plate only but must wait..patience is a virtue I do not have.
BTW they are good looking razors and probably best value currently available

You would think the o/c is the milder and that is what I also assumed.
YMMV and all that.
I suppose the other report(s) were more a personal opinion.
Vshod has sold out of both razors as has Italian Barber.
I would consider the base plate only but must wait..patience is a virtue I do not have.
BTW they are good looking razors and probably best value currently available

I have no patience either... we'll when i am research i have plenty but once i have made up my mind, express delivery within AU isnt quick enough lol

send vshod.com an email, they didnt have any in stock when i inquired, they had a few come in but they were all accounted for... They took my name and had to wait one week for the next shipment to arrive, so didnt wait to long

SHAVE REPORT : RR JAWS OC

Went to load the blade and noticed the posts are not all on the cap, the two outer posts are in fact on the base plate as can be seen in the pic below. The razor in the pic I am comparing with is the R41 head/cap. So instead of loading the blade onto the underside of the cap I loaded it onto the top of the base plate then place the cap on top. I was amazed at how tight the tolerances were here, no moment at all which helped in perfectly placing the blade.

Once I had loaded the JAWS with a fresh Polsilver SI blade I had a look at the razor and was a little apprehensive to kick of the shave. The blade is exposure quite a bit and this plus the teeth made the JAWS look like something not to be messed with.

Started my WTG pass and I was amazed at how efficient it was while retaining quite a smooth feel. Not as smooth as the timeless but smoother than the R41, sort of like a happy medium. Was very impressed after the first pass.

Second pass XTG went just as well, in fact, it went so well I sort of let down my guard and proceeded with a third pass ATG without any fear.

The smoothness of this razor lulled me into a false sense of security and went into the ATG pass with no fear at all. The JAWS bit me twice on this pass, nothing bad just couple small weepers, but just enough for me to give some respect back to this razor and pay attention. Finished the shave off with some touch ups.

The results were simply amazing, super smooth BBS. I would go so far as to say it gave me a slightly closer shave than my R41. Was super easy to get the slim head to the tricky area under my nose where it did an amazing job. Also with my main trouble spot, the area around my lower neck / Adams apple. To give you a comparison the timeless doesn’t do this good a job in the Adams apple area, the R41 does a very good job but the JAWS even better.

I tried shaving riding the cap and the bar, the cap gave a smoother shave than the bar but not sure on the efficiency difference. The real test will come when I wake up tomorrow and see how much growth I have.

The weight and balance of the JAWS is excellent. The barber pole handle is 85mm long and has a 12mm diameter with the butt end extending to a diameter of 14mm. It has plenty of grip and feels amazing in my hand. Appearance and finish impressive.

It has only been one shave with the JAWS but this razor has given me if not the closest, one of the closes shaves I have ever had, and bear in mind this is with the Polsilver blade. Next blade change I am going to try a feather which I know will up the efficiency a notch or two, hopefully the smooth feeling will still be there.

Weighing in at 105g, this fully CNC machined 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel razor, comes with a genuine leather case that can hold the JAWS and a puck or two. With a total cost, with free delivery, at $110, I couldn’t be happier!! It may be early to call, with just one shave under my belt but the JAWS may have just become my favourite #1 razor.

Anyway, here are some pics…..

Great review. Keep them coming,