RazoRock XXX Shave Cream Soap

JugV2

Simply boring.
I was fortunate enough to receive a tub of this soap/cream from Lord Constipation recently.

It's an Italian made, citrus scented soft soap that lathers extremely well.

I like the soft soaps and have tried Cella and Valobra but I don't like the scent either have.

Opening the container I get a faint lemony tang.

I used a new Timor blade and decided to try my 830 Boar on this soap... I use the badger for creams and boar for soaps but could have easily used the badger on this one as it doesn't require any extra bristle to load up or produce a thick lather.

A few swirls in the tub and the Semogue is loaded and I worked up a really nice lather on the face.

The scent lingered nicely, the soap provided great lubrication and I finished with a lovely BBS shave - so good that I am even now wondering if I will really need to shave in the morning. I will anyway.

The price for this soap on Italian Barber is quite good; only $9 which is quite good.

Shipping pricing is as below:

As a guide, Shipping estimates are as follows to most countries:

Up to 250g...$9.95
251g to 550g...$19.95
551g to 1kg...$34.95
1kg to 5kg...$109.95

251g to 550g seems to be the sweet spot.If you bought just this soap, $9 plus $9.95 shipping makes it $18.95 delivered.

Great lather, great scent, easy to work.

I'd pay $18.95 for a tub quite happily.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to receive a tub of this soap/cream from Lord Constipation recently.

It's an Italian made, citrus scented soft soap that lathers extremely well.

I like the soft soaps and have tried Cella and Valobra but I don't like the scent either have.

Opening the container I get a faint lemony tang.

Oh man, if you can't get on with Dr Pepper, you've got less chance with Lift...

Maybe we need a soap that smells of beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look at that stuff again. Their Artisan range looks interesting, there's a Sandalwood (Third Eye) that I'd like to check out sometime.

I think I heard that the manufacturer that makes this stuff used to make P160, and also makes creams for Aqua Di Parma?

I don't know, but you would be better informed than me about that kind of info most likely.

If you decide to buy anything we could look at a group buy maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look at that stuff again. Their Artisan range looks interesting, there's a Sandalwood (Third Eye) that I'd like to check out sometime.

I think I heard that the manufacturer that makes this stuff used to make P160, and also makes creams for Aqua Di Parma?
That's correct, It's stupidly cheap and very good. There's a chocolate/cocoa version too which seems popular. There's also the 'Muguet de France' version which uses shea butter instead of tallow - sacré blèu!

The Artisan range is being pumped up something chronic over the pond, the normal shills are taking part with noctilux leading the charge. At this rate the product will be sold quicker than you can say "Original Floid" or "Iridiums are discontinued" and the price pushed upwards to compensate....

Still, I do like some of the scent combos and apparently "It's better than Tabac and Cella for lather" (that's the person pushing the product). Might be worth us considering what we buy and not doubling up, and then send samples around.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of soaps - Jermyn St now comes in a soap form for all you fans!

You think I let the Jermyn soap get by me?

Like I said count me in on some RazoRock action.

I've only bought some samples the last month or so. I haven't even bought a brush for 3. (the Pj re-knot doesn't count, cos it didn't cost much and it replaced one I already had...).

I'll go in for some Third Eye. Sandalwoods got me real bad (That Arlington cream is verry nice too). Not sure if the postage/weight ratios make a bulk buy worth it though.

Let me know how that new TOBS soap goes - my last experience with theirs was a terrible one.

Last edited:
Drubs if you liked the Arlington you can have the rest of the tube; I have too much gear at the moment.

Drubs if you liked the Arlington you can have the rest of the tube; I have too much gear at the moment.

I couldn't.

Oh, alright then.

Damn. I'm supposed to be finishing stuff here. A month a go I said 'I'll have this tub of TOBS Avo knocked over in a week or two...'

Yeah I know that song. I have three full TOBS jars to get through. Supply far out paces demand.

I'm currently working my way through a tub of the cacao version now...very nice to work with, though i think i load up a bit much at times. Then again, when it's this cheap I don't feel so bad about that.

Jermyn St soap you say.....?