RazoRock XXX Shave Cream Soap

I think it would be too soft to turn into a stick.

I want to order some more of this stuff and try the rest in their range but dammit I have too much TOBS cream sitting here unused.

I still have a month's worth of TOBS Sandalwood sitting here at the moment.... it's getting down quite a bit though, and I almost have the bottom of the bowl clear. It's more the bits around the edges now....

I'm trying desperately to finish a small tub of Rose cream Drubs chucked me.

I'm just using it on weekends so i don't get teased by ruffians for smelling like roses.

Nothing gets past you.

I thought you were scoffing Her Maj's free sausages today?

Got some of the XXX from Jug.

The hype is strong with this one, as others noted above. Doing some reading, it's essentially Aqua di Parma. It's made by the same company that makes AdP and P160, to name two. People with both say the ingredients are the same as AdP, although the scent might not quite match.

AdP sells for about $60 OS. That $80 over here. Now, no one could objectively justify a shaving cream costing that much. So they don't and just blow raspberries at you instead.

Moabboy got some AdP from MB when it was on sale. He likes it, finds it works very nicely, smells great and goes a long way, being very concentrated. But I think even he struggles with the idea of its price. Who wouldn't? Pj's arteries are narrowing at the very thought.

So don't pay it. You can land a tub of XXX for less than $20 and get near as dammit the same thing as AdP. I used it this morning - got far too much in the brush, but it lathered up very quickly, got lather everywhere though. So it really is concentrated.

It's curious stuff; it's like a firm cream, with a very oily consistency. The smell is interesting, pleasant but no idea idea what it is yet. It shaved great, used a Voskod blade, which aren't uber sharp but really smooth. Rinsing off, my face felt noticeably moisturised, there seems a definite residue from the coconut oil, but in a nice way, like your face has been looked after.

There's a number of products in the range and they all seem to be 'homage' [knockoffs] of better known soaps - Cella, P160 and some other Italian obscures I've not heard of, that are probably too exclusive to leave Italy. But they come without the Almond in Everything scents. They also do an Artisan range that contain tallow.

I reckon they're worth a go if you're wanting to try something a bit different. If the XXX goes well, I'll grab some more, but I'm determined to knock over my P160 first. Already gone through my puck of Cade, so inroads are being made. I'm down to Tabac, Speick, Cella, Arlington and a bit of P160. And 3 creams. Mr Frugal Restraint, that's me.

No, you can't ask me about brushes.

I reckon they're worth a go if you're wanting to try something a bit different. If the XXX goes well, I'll grab some more, but I'm determined to knock over my P160 first. Already gone through my puck of Cade, so inroads are being made. I'm down to Tabac, Speick, Cella, Arlington and a bit of P160. And 3 creams. Mr Frugal Restraint, that's me.

No, you can't ask me about brushes.

Feel free to PiF me some of the P160 if that helps you out :)

Now about those brushes...

Moabboy got some AdP from MB when it was on sale. He likes it, finds it works very nicely, smells great and goes a long way, being very concentrated. But I think even he struggles with the idea of its price. Who wouldn't? Pj's arteries are narrowing at the very thought.

You are correct. It also helped that I've won $100 off MB for 2 reviews. Hands down, AdP is the best cream/soap I've tried. I like the scent, but I'm not sure I could pull it off as an everyday scent. Keeping in mind that you only need to show the brush to AdP for a mountain of lather, the $80 pill is a little easier to swallow. If I was absolutely in love with the scent, I would consider going exclusive and somehow justify the price - but it's a big ask.

Feel free to PiF me some of the P160 if that helps you out :)

Now about those brushes...

Not really enough of the 160 to pif. Besides you wouldn't want to love it when you can't get it anymore, would you?

I do have a 1kg brick of Cella which works just as well, maybe better. I can slice you a bit of that. Cella is great stuff. Don't listen to those saynayers who reckon it smells like Dr Pepper. Unless you like Dr Pepper, then it does.

I told you not to ask about the brushes, are you hard of reading?

Not really enough of the 160 to pif. Besides you wouldn't want to love it when you can't get it anymore, would you?

I do have a 1kg brick of Cella which works just as well, maybe better. I can slice you a bit of that. Cella is great stuff. Don't listen to those saynayers who reckon it smells like Dr Pepper. Unless you like Dr Pepper, then it does.

I told you not to ask about the brushes, are you hard of reading?

That would be sweet :)

I don't know who brought up brushes.I;m sure it wasn't me.

PS Butter doesn't melt in my mouth either!