Razorock XXX vs The Dead Sea

Dustin L

G'day gents,

I was hoping someone out there could shed some light on an issue I'm having.

I have been shaving for about 4 months or so now and i started off in the beginning using Razorock The Dead Sea. The scent is a winner for me but I had a few other soaps I wanted to try so I stopped using it and have been using XXX for the last month or so.

On my head shaves particularly I find that the XXX provides excellent residual slickness to the point I can get away with touching things up after my first pass without relathering and I'm pretty well good to go.

A couple days ago I decided to switch it up and try out The Dead Sea again but found that the slickness was nothing close to XXX and at times it felt like the razor was sticking to my skin instead of gliding over it. I have tried 3 or 4 shaves now and then went back to XXX today for the first time and noticed a considerable difference for the better.

I've gone online and from every review I have read or watched everyone is saying that it has great performance, surely I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone else have any experience lathering these two soaps? Maybe I am lathering The Dead Sea in a sub-optimal way.

I love the scent on TDS but if I can't get it to perform like XXX I will unfortunately probably never use it.

Cheers,

Dustin

Razorock uses so many different manufacturers to produce their soap it's often down to which batch was made by who. There are a number of threads across shave forums on people experiencing burning faces and discomfort from their products, and I am sure if you look there is mention of the variability and quality of their soaps.

It's par for the course with this brand unfortunately.

There are a number of threads across shave forums on people experiencing burning faces and discomfort from their products
I had this experience with the one-and-only Razorock tub I ever bought.
Unfortunately it was also one of the very first products I obtained.
The experience was almost bad enough for me to give-up and go back to an electric... seriously.

I still have it somewhere. I'm thinking of dousing it in fuel and lighting a match to serve as an example to future soaps...

Razorock soaps are not welcome in my household.

Put is on a pike in front of the other soaps as, it can serve as a long term warning to the rest of your soaps current and future

I had this experience with the one-and-only Razorock tub I ever bought.

I had the same experience also with 3 or 4 different tubs of XXX. Each time I shaved with them I experienced burning, redness and severe irritation.

Absolute garbage, never again.

Interesting,

I have XXX, The Dead Sea, P.160 and Mudder Focker.

I reacted fairly badly to P.160 even though it's meant to be the new formula that is less likely to cause a reaction.

The rest of them I haven't had any issues with after several shaves with all of them.

Just the aforementioned difference in performance.

I suppose if I never shave with it again it is a lesson learned that will serve me in the future. Nice that they were fairly cheap soaps in the grand scheme of things and I won't be out too much.

The interesting thing to me is that because I used TDS first I never noticed the lack of performance until I used something else and then went back.
I'm keen to go back and use some Stroppe Shop soaps I used the first week and see how they compare to the Razorock as I haven't used them since.