Re+Fresh Aftershave Butter

tim33z

King of 'Spoilers' 2019!
Grand Society
2018 Sabbatical Fail
My wife had a discount code to use for some random website so I ended up getting this product for $4.95 delivered.

lItiPtbl.jpg

HTOSKmCl.jpg

Has anyone heard of this company before or tried their products? Or what do you make of the ingredients listed?

No, but discard after six months onced open is not great. Why? Something going to oxidise and go putrid, turn toxic or lose all of its efficacy.
I'd be asking them that at least.
Be interesting to see how you go with it.
Smell or scent nice?

No, but discard after six months onced open is not great. Why? Something going to oxidise and go putrid, turn toxic or lose all of its efficacy.
I'd be asking them that at least.
Be interesting to see how you go with it.
Smell or scent nice?
Smell = no smell. Well - kinda bland smell, if that is something tangible...

I meant to use it after saturday's shave but it was photo day at puppy school, so i didnt want a weird looking face from either too matt or too shiny.

I also wouldnt use it on a work day without knowing how it makes me look.

When i get home, i'll rub a little on my face and neck and see how i go.

Discard 6 months after opening is a standard compliance measure when no effective preservative is used.
Thats good to know then. Similar to how the EU has the month in the jar icon then. Its a tiny container so depending on how good it is, it may get used up fast, or hardly at all.

If i dont enjoy what scent it emits, perhaps i'll add some aftershave into it....

Thats good to know then. Similar to how the EU has the month in the jar icon then. Its a tiny container so depending on how good it is, it may get used up fast, or hardly at all.

If i dont enjoy what scent it emits, perhaps i'll add some aftershave into it....

Its strange, it has d-EDTA which is a great chelation agent and would assist the efficacy of any preservative (if it were present).

If you want to fragrance it and have any perfume edt/edp, you could use that by heating the pot of balm over a double boiler until it melts, removing it from the heat and flame and spraying the perfume into it and give it a thorough stir, allowing it to cool and then set again. It's kind of an expensive way to do it, but it would work to a point if you really wanted to scent it.

Its strange, it has d-EDTA which is a great chelation agent and would assist the efficacy of any preservative (if it were present).

If you want to fragrance it and have any perfume edt/edp, you could use that by heating the pot of balm over a double boiler until it melts, removing it from the heat and flame and spraying the perfume into it and give it a thorough stir, allowing it to cool and then set again. It's kind of an expensive way to do it, but it would work to a point if you really wanted to scent it.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!
I'd remove from the plastic container first, right?
and..
Roughly how much perfume is needed for a 0.7oz tub at a minimum?

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
I'd remove from the plastic container first, right?
and..
Roughly how much perfume is needed for a 0.7oz tub at a minimum?

You can remove it from the container and put it into a really clean glass bowl, heat around 1/2 an inch of water in a pan - make sure no water contaminates what you are heating and gently warm the bowl/tub with the balm, it should melt really easily and become a liquid/much softer at which point you remove it and dose it with your perfume, ensuring you thoroughly mix the perfume into the melted balm prior to it setting - it will bind with the fats/oils uniformly.

.7 of a fluid ounce = 20.7015g

The safe range in Australia here is .200 mg (perfume) for a skin product (at 20.00g) but as we don't know any of the variables exactly, its going to be all approximation and guess work on your part.

I would go with 10 sprays of an EDT to begin with or play it by smell, there really is no accurate way of doing it without knowing the exact perfume concentration and being able to account for the alcohol evaporation.

At the end of the day it will work, it will just be down to how many 'sprays' you do.

You can remove it from the container and put it into a really clean glass bowl, heat around 1/2 an inch of water in a pan - make sure no water contaminates what you are heating and gently warm the bowl/tub with the balm, it should melt really easily and become a liquid/much softer at which point you remove it and dose it with your perfume, ensuring you thoroughly mix the perfume into the melted balm prior to it setting - it will bind with the fats/oils uniformly.

.7 of a fluid ounce = 20.7015g

The safe range in Australia here is .200 mg (perfume) for a skin product (at 20.00g) but as we don't know any of the variables exactly, its going to be all approximation and guess work on your part.

I would go with 10 sprays of an EDT to begin with or play it by smell, there really is no accurate way of doing it without knowing the exact perfume concentration and being able to account for the alcohol evaporation.

At the end of the day it will work, it will just be down to how many 'sprays' you do.
Thanks again - this looks like a project for when the wife goes to NZ in March!
Along with visiting @Chad's local supermarket for some dirt cheap Proraso...

Or you could just add the edt/edp after it’s on your face...
In theory, yes.

It seems quite thick to apply and rub in and it’s not nice feeling for a good half hour. But after this phase it doesn’t seem too bad. Think I’ll just use it up quickly but probably leave for the cooler temperatures.

In theory, yes.

It seems quite thick to apply and rub in and it’s not nice feeling for a good half hour. But after this phase it doesn’t seem too bad. Think I’ll just use it up quickly but probably leave for the cooler temperatures.

Use a little bit and apply it to a wet face in this regard.