Recommend me a Blade / s

Bucephalus

Hi guys, spent most of my adult life in the military (25 years) and shaving every day. Now in retirement I can go 3-4 days without shaving. My stubble is tough and I’m currently working my way through a stash of Rapira Platinum Lux; good blades but is / are there better?
Recommendations sought.

Astra Super Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Stainless (red & white)
Gillette 7 O’Clock Black Platinum
Vintage English Wilkinson Sword
Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (Spoiler)
Wizamet Iridium Super
Wizamet Stainless (brown)

For me the below blades work best:
Astra Blue or Green
Gillette Nacet or Silver Blue
Perma Sharp
Crystal
Personna Lab Blue
Polsilvers

Derby Platinum = smooth but not as efficient as the above blades

Feathers if your $$$ allows it (y)

Modern blades:
Feathers definitely the sharpest, but can be too sharp for some
Polsilver Super Iridium : hits the sweet spot for sharpness, smoothness and longevity
Gillette Silver Blue (GSB): Similar to Polsilver, but lacks longevity
Gillette 7o clock green: similar to GSB
Nacet: efficient, but feels a bit rough

But nothing compares to the vintage blades for efficiency, smoothness and longevity. The legendary Gillette Spoiler is the king of blades IMO. Only downside is the premium you’ll have to fork out for these on eBay

Astra Super Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Stainless (red & white)
Gillette 7 O’Clock Black Platinum
Vintage English Wilkinson Sword
Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (Spoiler)
Wizamet Iridium Super
Wizamet Stainless (brown)

I've forgotten to add one more, Vintage Gillette Bleue Extra

After a lot trial and error these blades work best for me.
Astra Blue and Green. These perform well in all my razors.
Feathers are the sharpest and imho are second to none in modern mild/medium aggressive razors.
Like all things shaving YMMV. :)

I always liked Feathers...but then discovered Kai.
I think Feathers are Kai's evil twin.
Do try a Kai one day. About the same price as Feathers too.
Otherwise, as per the above answers...Gillette (ST Petersburg) blades are good. GSB, Yellows, Nacets, Rubies, Greens.
Plus the Astra Green, and Blue.
Plus, the surprise one for me was the Personna Lab Blue (thanks to advice from @StratMan ). You really should try some of these.
Blades can be razor dependent too. I use mainly Timeless OC .68, Fatip Piccolo, or NEW SC (all are OC razors).
What razor do you use?

For tough and 3 day growth and smoothe shaves out of all my stash Gillette blacks would fit the bill the best. Plenty sharp and great blades. Bit more pricey but they last.

For me with thick fencing wire type hair I have found my favourite blades to be
Gillette 7oclock yellow
Nacet
Gsb
Feather.
And as a left field entry Chinese wilkys are outstanding In my maggard slant but atrocious in anything else.honestly personal prefernces with blades seem to be so far over the map that buying a sampler pack is probably the best way to go. http://tryablade.com/ plenty to chose from there without breaking the bank or ending up with a bunch of blades you'll never use.

Sharp blades (eg Feather, Personna) for mild razors (think Merkur 37, Feather AS-D2, Rockwell plates 1-3)
Smooth blades (eg Lord, Derby, the various Russians...), for efficient razors (think R41, Fatip, Rockwell 6+)

This is especially evident with something like an Artist Club razor (the logical end point to high efficiency is just a bare blade!), where going ATG on the first couple of shaves with a Feather blade is quite tricky and requires special care and attention to have a chance of avoiding weepers / nicks. But after that, up to shave 15-20, the sharpness has been moderated and it's all good (relatively speaking). IME the cheaper DE blades are already smooth (aka not very sharp), so it doesn't matter much how aggressive the razor is if you have a less aggressive blade to start with. I can't speak to vintage blades (not personally interested).

But if you're looking for ATG BBS results from a 3 pass shave as fast as possible, with the least damage possible, IMO nothing beats a very sharp blade protected by a mild razor. This is why so many people say that a Feather AS-D2 razor only really works well if you're using Feather blades. It's too mild for anything else.

Actually have a puck but, to date, not game to try them.

All the reports are that the AS-D1 is one of the mildest razors available so there is nothing to be afraid of - some even suggest using a bit or pressure (I haven't tried one personally). It's also tricky using such a mild razor on multi-day growth - all the more reason to try the sharpest blade possible...

Also have a tough but not dense stubble, wife has described it has light gauge fencing wire. I was shaving every second day using a Karve C or D OC with a Gillette New LC every now and then.
+1 to the Gillette Blacks
Kai Blades : Like feathers you have to get past the first half a shave. For me they feel bloody horrible at first then turn into a great blade for the next 4 to 5 shaves.
The above are the only blades I've tried so far that I can get a comfortable 4 to 5 shaves out of.
It's all camels for courses I suspose.