Recommendations on Karve

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
So I’m looking to grab a brass razor and the Karve razor looks pretty popular.
Love to hear what you Gents think, plate recommendations and hey if you wanna sell one hit me up

My opinion:
Can’t go wrong!
I have looked at selling my brass but it’s my only non zamak or stainless steel razor I own and my god it looks sexy as hell! So I’m holding onto it.
Straight bar plates B, C and D are his most popular which is why he includes those in the kits he sells now. I love my C plate most but do enjoy stepping up to D occasionally. Then there’s the option to get Open Comb if desired.
What type of razor do you use currently and enjoy?

Grand Poobahs ;) just grab the straight bar base plate B, C & D and I would recommend you get the 3.5” handle length.

I love both brass and stainless steel, it’s a real keeper in my den for life.

My opinion:
Can’t go wrong!
I have looked at selling my brass but it’s my only non zamak or stainless steel razor I own and my god it looks sexy as hell! So I’m holding onto it.
Straight bar plates B, C and D are his most popular which is why he includes those in the kits he sells now. I love my C plate most but do enjoy stepping up to D occasionally. Then there’s the option to get Open Comb if desired.
What type of razor do you use currently and enjoy?
Honestly I enjoy everything from a ball end tech through to Gillette adjustables set to 9 and r41 so I’m pretty easy but I prefer a mild to mid razor.

Grand Poobahs ;) just grab the straight bar base plate B, C & D and I would recommend you get the 3.5” handle length.

I love both brass and stainless steel, it’s a real keeper in my den for life.
Where do you recommend buying from?

Honestly I enjoy everything from a ball end tech through to Gillette adjustables set to 9 and r41 so I’m pretty easy but I prefer a mild to mid razor.
BCD will have you completely covered.
Of course put some feelers out in case someone wants to sell one.

Mr @Ferret619 .
Happy to lend you my Karve brass razor for a test drive. I have C & D SB plates with 3.5" handle length.
If interested send me a PM

So the razor arrived eventually and it certainly looks the goods.
Shaves well, not substantially better than say a Rockwell 6s IMHO but the value is obviously in the quality of the machining as those razors are worlds apart