Recycling cheap and used DE blades

i just recycle them...
Save me up. Put em in a soup can. Seal it up.
And recycle it.

i just recycle them...
Save me up. Put em in a soup can. Seal it up.
And recycle it.
giphy.gif

Yeah, looks like Mark's initial reply and your consensus has the majority vote.
I thought there would at least be some tools that used blunt DE blades like a pant scraper or utility knife :(
Especially around the war era when metal was such a highly sought after commodity, perhaps they all used straights.

I’d throw them in an eclipse mints tin first though.

If stainless knives can still be sharpened why not stainless blades.

Would be a lot of effort thou and you would need to take care de burr
That's the thing @Rami stainless is no harder than carbon steel I think it is actually softer
I already know I can bring back a reasonable edge on a carbon steel blade (never as good as a modern blade) I will try a used astra and see
Paul

What you don't own a pair of jeans mate ?
that's un Australian
Attention ASIO

Hi Paul, if you have never been to Darwin or the tropics, it is like one long hot summer with a wet season and a dry season. No need for Jeans 18 is about as cold as it gets but still comfortable in shorts :)
The only reason I had the last pair for 25 years was for travelling down south or overseas.

What you don't own a pair of jeans mate ?
that's un Australian
Attention ASIO
As @Holiday says, it's too hot here for jeans for most people. In fact I own precisely 3 pairs of pants none of which are jeans. One of them is from the suit I last wore at my wedding 5 years ago! The other two are recent Uniqlo purchases as I needed trousers in Europe as their summer was so cold.
I'd say 95%+ of the time I'm wearing shorts, even to my office job.

@Vittocia

Let me know how you go would be an interesting experiment

I think the primary reason people don’t strop or hone DE blades is because its just not worth your time to do it with the cost being so low.

Hi Paul, if you have never been to Darwin or the tropics, it is like one long hot summer with a wet season and a dry season. No need for Jeans 18 is about as cold as it gets but still comfortable in shorts :)
The only reason I had the last pair for 25 years was for travelling down south or overseas.
Hi mate I completely understand as I lived in Adelaide River for 2 years in the mid nineties while working underground at brocks creek gold mine and also lived in Thailand for most of
the last 5 years
It was just a piss take ;)
Paul

As @Holiday says, it's too hot here for jeans for most people. In fact I own precisely 3 pairs of pants none of which are jeans. One of them is from the suit I last wore at my wedding 5 years ago! The other two are recent Uniqlo purchases as I needed trousers in Europe as their summer was so cold.
I'd say 95%+ of the time I'm wearing shorts, even to my office job.
(y)(y)

Hi mate I completely understand as I lived in Adelaide River for 2 years in the mid nineties while working underground at brocks creek gold mine and also lived in Thailand for most of
the last 5 years
It was just a piss take ;)
Paul
Yeah mate, I expected as much. Not owning a pair of shorts, thongs and chesty bonds, now that would be unAustralian.
Most Aussies have experienced the balmy tropics, if not the Top End at least in Bali, Singapore or Thailand.