Recycling cheap and used DE blades

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
"Out of Luck" with this eBuy. I would say "Lucked Out" but that has opposite meaning depending on which side of the pond you are from.
Does anyone have suggestions what to do with these and the collection of used blades accumulating in a plastic dispenser. (Be Nice Now)
The dispenser came with 5 blades and leaving with about 50 by the time I have filled both top and bottom.
The blades were a gamble. Could have been re-badged Gillette but they appear to be Craftsman or some other cheap and nasty knock off that tug from the get go. They are not even good for one shave.

People at work are always collecting bottle tops, ink cartridges, used mobile phones, ring pulls etc: for charities. Is there anything for DE Blades?
Alternately any cool tools such as paint scrapers that take DE blades. I looked on the Bay thinking I would find some vintage tool to recycle DE blades but only found plastic scrapers claiming to be double edged.

The crappy blades.

Hi mate you could buy a DE razor hone and have a play around with them there are a lot of vintage DE hones still online
it's a bit of fun seeing if you can bring the edge up with one not much different than stropping an auto strop blade there are many types
just type it in to google
Paul

Could do what they used to do in the older days and just cut a small hole in the plasterboard.

Hi mate you could buy a DE razor hone and have a play around with them there are a lot of vintage DE hones still online
it's a bit of fun seeing if you can bring the edge up with one not much different than stropping an auto strop blade there are many types
just type it in to google
Paul

Thanks Paul, I was really interested in one of the blue glass ones until I read a thread stating the DE hones were useful with high carbon steel blades and no good with stainless.
I even tried using a diamond knife sharpener once, to no avail. Not concerned about honing because I have enough DE blades to last my lifetime.
Such a waste dumping a blade sharp enough to cut that doesn't rust.

Could do what they used to do in the older days and just cut a small hole in the plasterboard.
BANK-3.jpg

Thanks guys, I am looking to recycle, not dispose.

Get your inner "art 'n' craft" mojo running.
I once saw a nice fruit bowl made with welded 2c coins....

"Special"

"Special"
Like this?
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagra...=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111
OWWWWW!
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagra...=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111
These would tickle:
https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagra...=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106
Sounds like you need to go straight! It's a better shave... and it would be a lot easier to keep a straight sharp than any DE blade.
One Day!

Just thinking about stainless steel its just steel with other things added to stop rusting maybe honing is still an option?
I will try this on one of my vintage DE blade hones I have a red glass one but not a blue one
here is a pic of them mate
hones.jpg

Just thinking about stainless steel its just steel with other things added to stop rusting maybe honing is still an option?
I will try this on one of my vintage DE blade hones I have a red glass one but not a blue one
here is a pic of them mate

Thanks Paul, I am very interested, and if it works I will invest in one.
It would also be interested if you can take a crappy blade like the Sears/Craftsman and make it better

Thanks Paul, I am very interested, and if it works I will invest in one.
It would also be interested if you can take a crappy blade like the Sears/Craftsman and make it better
If you still have a pair of jeans lying around this close to the buildup, you could strop a blade on them. I thought it had some effect on a couple of blades I tried, but soon realised I had too many blades to worry about such things.

If you still have a pair of jeans lying around this close to the buildup, you could strop a blade on them. I thought it had some effect on a couple of blades I tried, but soon realised I had too many blades to worry about such things.
Left the last pair of jeans I owned in Nepal and haven't had a need to buy another pair since

If stainless knives can still be sharpened why not stainless blades.

Would be a lot of effort thou and you would need to take care de burr

Why not collect them, then see if you can find a blacksmith to melt them down and turn them into a straight?