Redness around lower neck

Davec36

Muhle R89 with ikon bamboo handle
Proraso white
Treet blade
Stray whisker shave balm

Nice clean 2 pass cold water shave but quite red around Adam's apple

Does not seem to matter which blade I use or soap (Mike's, TOBS, proraso or heath shave cream) this is an issue for me.

I don't get a close shave on my neck/Adam's apple.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Beard growth pattern would be my first point of.investigation - many have weird growths going on there

Second thing to look at would be razor angle

Beard growth pattern would be my first point of.investigation - many have weird growths going on there

Second thing to look at would be razor angle
I fully agree above.

If you’re shaving ATG on neck just ride the top cap with zero pressure, I do get irritation on my neck going XTG, that’s why I only shave WTG and ATG on my neck. YMMV depending on your mapping stubble growth on your neck, because, everybody is different.

Let your stubble grow for at least four or five days on your neck, that way you’ll map out your stubble better before you shave.

Ooh and another thing I’ve forgot.

Before you shave around your Adam Apple 🍎 roughly in the middle of your neck, gently swallow your Adam Apple and hold for a few second before you shave, that way when you swallow your Adam Apple you’ve flattened the lump in the middle of your neck before you shave makes it a easier.

I agree entirely with everyone here but one of the things that I feel needs to be added is something you probably pay more attention to and learn to utilise whilst straight razor shaving and shavette is skin stretching. What you may want to experiment with is using one hand to pull the skin to one side, just where it is comfortable enough to allow the skin to shift to a more even surface area over your neck which usually only needs a slight stretch.
Combine this with the above, particularly growth pattern and mapping.
Take a picture once enough stubble starts to show through and maybe put your phone up on your mirror with a suction car mount so when you are shaving you can quickly look at your neck growth to get a a good idea of whats going on down there.

I don't have much trouble regard that part of my neck (Gah! I totally failed on the part of my neck below the joint of jaw so don't feel bad) but the neck usually seem to be a sore point for everyone. Alfredus has nailed it, definitely an area where hair can grow in all directions for many.

Great advice all around guys. (y)

+1 with the above.
Pre shave oil or gel made a difference to my shaving experience, no more skin irritation.