Replacement for Rockwell 6C?

Director

HI all, long time no chat...

Anyway I've been happily shaving away with my 6C for the last 18 months or so and went to change the blade this morning and when I put the handle on...it just kept turning! Looks like a busted thread in the handle and a few people having the same issues. Was just after an idea on where to go next, would prefer to buy something in Australia as the postage from Canada may take a while this year. Most of the aussie places seem to be out of stock of the 6S which was my next choice as it comes with a lifetime warranty which should fix any future issues. But was also curious if there was a comparable or better unit out there. I like the idea of the different plates or some kind of adjustability.

Cheers. :)

Anyway I've been happily shaving away with my 6C for the last 18 months or so and went to change the blade this morning and when I put the handle on...it just kept turning! Looks like a busted thread in the handle and a few people having the same issues. Was just after an idea on where to go next, would prefer to buy something in Australia as the postage from Canada may take a while this year. Most of the aussie places seem to be out of stock of the 6S which was my next choice as it comes with a lifetime warranty which should fix any future issues. But was also curious if there was a comparable or better unit out there. I like the idea of the different plates or some kind of adjustability.

Where did you buy the razor initially, is warranty still an option? I know Rockwell recently upgraded the 6C threads for this exact issue.

Thanks for the replies, from memory I got it directly from Rockwell but the warranty on the 6C's is only 60 days so it's well past that. :)
Cheers

Email Rockwell first.

Rockwell will replace the parts for you. Email them.

On your new razor, use mineral oil on the threads periodically, and a nylon washer between the handle and the bottom plate. This will reduce overtightening issues by relieving stress on the threads. Zamack is a soft metal, it is what it is.

Still using plate #3 on the 6C. Should probably go to plate 4 and I use Permashave blades as my dailies as they give me a nice BBS without any nicks. :) (Next favorite would be the Rubies but I'm also hearing good things about Shark platinum pluses) Have emailed Rockwell so I'll see what they can come up with but as it's out of warranty I have no expectations in that regard. Cheers

Still using plate #3 on the 6C. Should probably go to plate 4 and I use Permashave blades as my dailies as they give me a nice BBS without any nicks. :) (Next favorite would be the Rubies but I'm also hearing good things about Shark platinum pluses) Have emailed Rockwell so I'll see what they can come up with but as it's out of warranty I have no expectations in that regard. Cheers

if your on a plate 3 the GC 84 may be a bit much in efficiency, but because it is such a smooth razor may make it ok for you. If you loved the 6c, the 6s will be a safe bet. The progress is and a decent option. The Karve on similair plates will also be a good option but shipping from canada may take a while.. good luck

I can vouch for the 6S. Although I read some of the posts on here wondering what I might be missing out on, I think I’d prefer to outlay funds on additional software at this stage. For me the 6S on plate #5 with Feather or Nacet is unbeatable.

I love my 34C as well, and that is what I always travel with. 6S is the daily driver for 90%+ of my shaves at home. Works a charm 😀

Cheers, is it new or used?
Shut up and GRAB IT

giphy.gif