Replacement for Rockwell 6C?

HI all, long time no chat...

Most of the aussie places seem to be out of stock of the 6S which was my next choice as it comes with a lifetime warranty which should fix any future issues. But was also curious if there was a comparable or better unit out there. I like the idea of the different plates or some kind of adjustability.

We have the 6S and 6C in stock but they will not be added to the inventory until (probably) Monday.

HI all, long time no chat...

Anyway I've been happily shaving away with my 6C for the last 18 months or so and went to change the blade this morning and when I put the handle on...it just kept turning! Looks like a busted thread in the handle and a few people having the same issues. Was just after an idea on where to go next, would prefer to buy something in Australia as the postage from Canada may take a while this year. Most of the aussie places seem to be out of stock of the 6S which was my next choice as it comes with a lifetime warranty which should fix any future issues. But was also curious if there was a comparable or better unit out there. I like the idea of the different plates or some kind of adjustability.

Cheers. :)
Hey Director, did you end up messaging Rockwell for a replacement? I'm in the exact same boat as you

Hey Director, did you end up messaging Rockwell for a replacement? I'm in the exact same boat as you

And hence the problem with soft metal razors.
Good idea for future is add a little machine oil or similar to the threads. I do this to all razors..

I would ask for a significant discount off a new 6s. Rockwell are pretty good with honouring their products.

And hence the problem with soft metal razors.
Good idea for future is add a little machine oil or similar to the threads. I do this to all razors..

I would ask for a significant discount off a new 6s. Rockwell are pretty good with honouring their products.
I don't think Rockwell feel like giving me a discount haha, I will probably just order a 6S replacement cap from them which is 20 USD... do you suggest I oil it with a bit of machine oil once it arrives? Cheers

I don't think Rockwell feel like giving me a discount haha, I will probably just order a 6S replacement cap from them which is 20 USD... do you suggest I oil it with a bit of machine oil once it arrives? Cheers
Some people say you should, others don't. My feeling is that if you use oil, sooner or later you might end up with some sort of a mess when it picks up soap or gunk from your shave water. If you use SS razors, IMO you are at much higher risk of damage from dropping them than you are of threads wearing out.

Did you damage the threads on the handle or the top cap? I would have thought a harder metal would damage a softer thread. I personally try to stick to like for like but do what you like, people use mixed metals all the time

Yes, just a little on the threads. Helps reduce friction and premature wearing out.

Some people say you should, others don't. My feeling is that if you use oil, sooner or later you might end up with some sort of a mess when it picks up soap or gunk from your shave water. If you use SS razors, IMO you are at much higher risk of damage from dropping them than you are of threads wearing out.

I won't say what brands, but I have had new SS razors arrive with rust and shavings in the handle! I just use a little Lanox which had lying around my lockup and everything has been great since. No rust and smooth silence when attaching and dismantling the handle.

Did you damage the threads on the handle or the top cap? I would have thought a harder metal would damage a softer thread. I personally try to stick to like for like but do what you like, people use mixed metals all the time
I damaged the thread on the top cap of my Rockwell 6C. I'm looking at ordering a replacement part from the 6S because I'm hoping it'll last for a much longer time!

I damaged the thread on the top cap of my Rockwell 6C. I'm looking at ordering a replacement part from the 6S because I'm hoping it'll last for a much longer time!
Rockwell mentioned a while back they have upgraded their inner threads to stainless steel to stop there being an issue, but I recall their 6S being slightly different measurement wise and it may not fit the 6C? best to confirm with them

Just bear in mind that it's highly likely there will be a galvanic reaction between two different metals, especially in the presence of water, so don't be too surprised if you see premature corrosion.

Thought I'd update for the sake of completeness, after a bit of back and forth Rockwell offered to send me a replacement top cap for the worn out 6C -- I just had to cover the cost for shipping from the U.S. I ordered it but there's currently a pretty lengthy delay bc of covid I presume. Anyway, I didn't wanna wait along for who knows how long so I ordered a 6S from a Melbourne Retailer :) I'm sure I'll be able to sell the 6C when the new replacement parts arrive

Hey sorry for the late reply. Yeah the handle did arrive eventually but it didn't fit (as in the threads weren't right) so maybe the threads on the cap were damaged as well? Either way by that time I had already got the 6S from the member on the previous page and it's still going fine. So I gave up on the 6C. :)