filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417060522.192304.jpg

This is my own review of the Shaver Heaven "Summer Fling" aftershave balm.

When I bought it cost $8.50. It's packaged well in a simple and neat white plastic tub. You get a generous amount (110mL) for your money. Ingredients include aloe Vera, cucumber extract and apricot oil. There are no animal products in it.

The scent is delicious; a sweet melon with hints of cucumber. The scent is light and refreshing. It's strong enough to smell after a good length of time, so you won't be applying any scents in addition to this balm (unless it's complimentary of course).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417060540.277788.jpg

The balm is thick and applies well. As you smear it on, it coats your face with a thin film of cream. It does soak into your face. However even after an hour, you can still feel a slight greasiness on your skin. After applying splashes for the past week, this is sitting a little heavy on my skin. So I'm thankful that it's a cooler day here in Sydney.

I cannot (after a single use) determine how well it soothes and nourishes the skin. It does feel like it's soothing, but I'm not as certain about the healing properties just yet.

All up, it's a good value aftershave balm with a fresh scent that will please most...at another time of year. I feel this would be a good balm for the cooler months, especially when you skin dries out with the inside heating. But it's not going to be what I reach for in the hotter summer months since it sits heavily and has a slight greasiness. The scent probably won't match the weather then, but it will remind me of the summer times to come... [emoji4]