Review Review: Shaver Heaven - Diamonds and Pearls (lanolin/tallow)

Sxot

Artisan Producer
Maybe it's just me since I've yet to read a review and it's been out over a week but;

You can keep your MWF. You can keep your Mystic Waters or any other much touted soap that has to be lathered "just so". In fact, you can keep them all. Shaver Heaven's tallow and lanolin formulation found in the limited release Diamonds and Pearls is out of this world!

Lather at the sight of water, the exact amount of water doesn't matter, nor how it's added or at what rate. Just get a brush wet and scrub it in the lovely deep but not filled to the brim so the lather doesn't over flow tub. Gobs of thick creamy super glossy glide-a-licious meringue appears with ease giving the best protection money can buy and post shave feel to boot. It even smells good too.

If I had to guess there will be another batch of the tallow + lanolin in one scent or another on the way but in the mean time, I bought two tubs and I'm sure glad I did. @Anthony, I tip my hat. You've done it again good sir.

It sold out so fast! I think that @Anthony seems to go from strength to strength with his soaps.

Thanks for the review. They don't happen unless someone determines to make it happen.

Completely agree @Sxot, everything about this soap is excellent, from the pleasently surprising purple colour, scent, it's easy lathering, slickness and protection. The Shaver Heaven soaps were great before but the tallow and lanolin combo definitely brings it to a whole other level.

My only complaint is that I only bought 1 tub and it's already sold out. I know @Anthony was planning this as a one off run but I'm really hoping he reconsiders.

The balm is great as well, it's not oily, rubs in well and the scent, like the soap is indescribably fantastic, it makes Mrs saku go a little bit weak at the knees!

I like everything about MWF except it dries out too fast and no matter what I do the lather thins out as it does. Maybe I'm just a numpty but when you have a soap like Diamonds and Pearls, that $55 ceramic bowl of MWF is fast becoming and ornament.

I like everything about MWF except it dries out too fast and no matter what I do the lather thins out as it does. Maybe I'm just a numpty but when you have a soap like Diamonds and Pearls, that $55 ceramic bowl of MWF is fast becoming and ornament.

That's why I love MWF & Haslinger Sheeps Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF), I believe you haven't tried the Haslinger Sheeps Milk & Lanolin @Sxot ;)

No. Not going to either. I'm not throwing money at a foreign corporation when a small, family, Aussie business is making something this good.
@Anthony makes arguably the best shaving soap in the world
I wish his soap was more widely appreciated across the globe. My hunch is that it's not new anymore, or that people were hit or miss on the early soaps (because a scent wasn't their "traditional" scent). But @Anthony has just continued to improve his product to make it even more excellent. His latest soaps and scents are superb! Top of the game.

I had the opportunity to use Lilith this morning thanks to @filobiblic, and would happily order multiple now if available. Fantastic product and wonderful scent. I would still say there are slicker (not by much though), but it's a trade off for the scent complexity and cushion, producing one of the best all round soaps I've ever used.

There are two, yes only two soap companies I buy from where the only questions are price and scent.
Performance is simply not a factor after experiencing multiples of their product.
Will @Barrister & Mann and @Anthony @ShaverHeaven are those two.
You two boys can take some serious pride in that, as I've near 100 soaps!

Not an issue when being delivered to work, which is a distribution centre ;)