Rex Ambassador First Impression

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired and is not on a par with Timeless, Blackland and even Rockwell (which is 2.5 times cheaper). I know you don’t shave with the packaging but at the normal asking price of $249 US, I expect better. I paid $187.94 US because of a promotion Razor Emporium had at the time. The razor tabs are covered, which I like, and the razor is very well constructed. I had my first shave with this razor this morning on setting 3 and, in my opinion, the aggressiveness is on a par with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 SB. This razor does not shave any better than the Futur or the Progress but if you want a modern stainless steel adjustable then this razor is the only game in town.

One shave might be not enough to really get to know your new razor? I personally use the Rex on 1 or 1.5 (so with a blade and completely closed, the red dot is on 1 I open it to between 2 and 2.5). At these settings I find it it way more efficient than the GG, and smoother as well.

If you open it up more, it can become very aggressive, very quickly ;)

One shave might be not enough to really get to know your new razor? I personally use the Rex on 1 or 1.5 (so with a blade and completely closed, the red dot is on 1 I open it to between 2 and 2.5). At these settings I find it it way more efficient than the GG, and smoother as well.

If you open it up more, it can become very aggressive, very quickly ;)

You are quite right. I tried it on 1 this morning and I got a smooth, irritation free shave. This razor now is a keeper for me. On setting 3, while I didn’t cut myself, the shave was uncomfortable. Next up are the Karve, Oneblade Hybrid and Masamune razors (When they get here, especially the Karve razor).

Try 2 - 2.5 - For me the absolute sweet spot on this one. It's amazing what a difference 1/2 a setting can make...on 3 it's too aggressive for me as well, and then it suddenly gets so smooth

Some images of the Rex (better late than never);
FLjVbocl.jpg
4HZiGLBl.jpg
9feUAWDl.jpg
WB0R2pel.jpg
ahNnVd6l.jpg